Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
This is not about the car. Marques has a huge house, his AC system consumes much more power, the car's needs are negligible in comparison. Look at his numbers for summer vs spring/fall. There were months when his roof produced more energy than was needed by all the household consumers and the excess was sold to the utility.

But again: you had to watch this video, I didn't. Your view of this technology and its needs is based on your best understanding of other people's videos or descriptions. I have an actual Tesla roof on my house, an actual Tesla car in the driveway, and actual statistics of our household's energy needs in the app.

I would pay attention to your M5 ownership experience.
Your feisty ... I like it

I, we use EVs at work and the use case doesn't work for what we need as they pushed it on us. I've moved on from a M5 to a 23 M3 actually and am looking forward to the next gen hybrid M5.

Also, I had an IX on order but it got stuck at port and gave me more time to get into the details and my use case.

I've driven and used Tesla's and a few of other EVs.

I'm not an EV hater either. I've lived in big cities, small cities and the middle of no where an use to put 20k a year on a beater and work vehicles use to do on average 300 miles a day.

Again missing my point 99% of American aren't going to have a Tesla and or a solar roof. 90% of American isn't going to be able to afford a solar roof big enough to power a (that's energy efficient too) home and charge a car.

The idea that solar roof is going to be enough to charge an EV is false for the average person. It maybe for 80 miles of range a day if you have the ability to store 20kwh again 90%.

90% of America isn't going to be satisfied with the current ability to charge.

In his case that is true but if your in AZ with the temps which average 98 degrees in the summer and 70 degrees in the winter it's likely your not coming ahead or.... you live in the NW with tons of cloud coverage. Or the fact that you run an electric heater vs gas in the winter and have colder temps. In his use case he runs off natural gas for heat vs an electric furnace.
Appreciate 0