03-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
sexy_ninja_goat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90, '10 RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doneo View Post
I'm hoping to put on a set of Michelin PSS on my 550 xdrive. I live in the NYC metro area so I'm going to stick with 19's.

I'd like to put 265/40/19 on front which have an outside diameter of 27.4 inches and use 295/35/19 on back which have a 27.1 outside diameter. Are these diameters close enough for the xdrive system not to malfunction?

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm obviously concerned about rubbing but hoping that if I get the correct off-sets i'll be good.
I can't see any reason you'd have any issues with those sizes. 3/10 of an inch shouldn't cause issues. Also if you don't have your car dropped at all, you shouldn't be concerned with rubbing as long as your offset is less than 40 I'd say on the rear and less than 37 on the front. You may have more room on that though, I'm not an F10 expert. I think most of the F10 owners on here stick to somewhere between 30 and 40 for the rear and 22 - 35 on the front. (The smaller the number, the further away from the inside of your wheel well). It depends on the width of wheel you are running.