View Single Post
      12-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #27
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mikey e90 View Post

I think I'm fearful more than anything else about this young exec (relative to past BMW execs, he's still old to me ) is that he's going to be less about getting back to BMW's roots, roots that many arguably feel they have gotten away from, and move still farther from them. I hope this isn't the case. Having said this though, while the CEO and Chairman have a large say in the companies direction, they aren't the end all, be all of the company.

///Mikey
There will be NO change to the groups strategy 1 initiative.
This initiative reflects the state of the market and the change and progression of the customer , segment and the market.
BMW just cannot build cars to satisfy enthusiasts for one key market It needs to be present for a global market as BMW thinks about the global picture.
That means producing automobiles in a variety of different segments that appeal to our global customers whether current brand enthusiasts or new customers
BMW can no longer think and reflect of only one market. That is not just the progression of the company that has started this , its the progression of the customer and the segment that drives forward change, change that must be adapted.
Over 10 years ago customer specification was very different to today's in which Efficiency and Connectivity have changed the landscape for the industry to be two of the top requirements customers are looking for in any new vehicle.

Of course the incoming new CEO is a believer that BMW should be present in the high end luxury segment above the affordable luxury segment and the 7er model.