View Single Post
      03-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
Ingeniator
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335XI(90) 09 135I(82)

Ingeniator's 135I Race Car build thread.

Hey fella's,

I picked up a wrecked 135I last week to turn into my race car. Car is in running condtion. My first step is to get it repaired enough to get the rebuilt title. I've posted the pictures from the ad below. I'll make sure to grab more as we throw parts on it once they come in. Eventually the car will be running a full cage and have staged turbos.

Front end damage/required parts.
  • Engine support member - Needs to be assesed and possibly changed. Replaced
  • Steering rack/tie-rods - M3 rack to be installed. FYI if your car has active steering you already have the right lower column to work with the m3/1m rack. (I/p trying to figure out wiring waiting on kinked hose)
  • Control arms(tension/wishbone on left side) - Upgrading to M3 parts stock bushings until title is fixed Installed
  • Front left strut - OE strut mounts will hopefully fix my left strut if not I'm looking for the left front M-sport strut. Hat is on looks good for now.
  • Hood - VIS carbon + aerocatch ordered for now hopefully it is decent quality. Waiting on other panels
  • Other body panels - Hopefully coming out of calgary quote to be in on monday. It is getting the 1M front conversion.
  • Headlights - Used set shipping out of Germany. Here waiting on rest of front end
Attached Images

09 135I M (VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car. 1) Install Cobb/piggyback? and Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) JRZ or Moton suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system

Last edited by Ingeniator; 06-06-2014 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: Adjusted car model.
Appreciate 0