View Single Post
      03-23-2024, 10:24 PM   #4
Bims328i
DIYer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90 SULEV

Best of luck to you. I've been doing a lot of research on this for my specific application prior to doing the job. Might try to tackle it this weekend or next. Not sure.

Mine looks like is going to be a jack stand job. I'm still curious as to members thoughts on loosening the control arm bolts but NOT replacing them. Basically just retighten.

Another member was just saying how they were having trouble with clearance. I've seen that is one major trick (loosening ctrl arm bolts) but as with many fasteners on this car, might need to replace those if you mess with them.

I've seen this job done on vid with just two stands at the front as well. Probably going to put mine up on four stands to be safe.

Prospecting the bet course of action. I read some little details like removing the rear subframe bolts first (ones on angle of subframe) then do the four flat ones.

Also pick up an inch pound wrench and some paint markers if you have not already.

I have four of the harbor freight Dayona stands so 16-7/8 max in but I have never put them that high.

Usually do about 3 teeth but for this job I will probably go higher. The main part from what I can gather is loosening the ctrl arm hardware will help it all drop down the rest of the way.

I did my auto pan gasket and filter / fluid service on about 3 teeth on the stands. Also swapped the pumpkin but could have used more height for that job.

Let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0