12-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #9
Chandy168
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 328i MG // VW Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Lawman View Post
Go to Bimmian.com and they are a featured product on their home page(I'm thinking I deserve some sort of endorsement consideration from my friends at Bimmian They are sold at the moment, for $54 a set, which includes 2 bulbs. I bought two sets, one for my front turn signals and a second set for my rear turn signals. Both sets I bought are amber(more on how the rear set looks tomorrow, but I was pretty surprised

As far as the "flickering" that occurs from the on-board system checking for burnt bulbs.....yes, it happens. You get multiple flashes at start up and then random flashes every minute or two thereafter. These bulbs are bright, so it is noticeable, at least it is in my not so greatly lit garage after dark. I will test it out tomorrow, outside in the daylight, and see how noticeable the micro flashes are. It's just a single micro flash every minute or two, but like I said, the bulbs are bright, so it would probably be even more noticeable if you were to use the white bulbs, which they are advertising as 8X brighter than OEM. They say the ambers are 3X brighter than OEM. I don't have a set of whites to test out, but I'm guessing if you were to use the white bulbs for the rear turn signals, you would be sporting a pretty bright pink color instead of red, but again, that would depend on the color of your rear lenses(all red here in the US), but more on that tomorrow.
The main reason for these is to delete the amber inside the light housing of my f30. However, I'm unsure which bulb type I would have to get. On the Bimmian website, there are so many options:

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-12-30 at 5.11.13 pm.png
Views: 10926
Size:  116.7 KB

Im also assuming that the white bulbs are only white illumination (i.e. when turn signal activated illuminate white) whereas amber is that it only illuminates amber. Are the housing for both the options the same with just different illumination?

Also, how are the rear turn signals going for you?

Sorry if it all sounds confusing, but I'm very confused at the moment
Appreciate 0