BMW Lawman
Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandy168 View Post
The main reason for these is to delete the amber inside the light housing of my f30. However, I'm unsure which bulb type I would have to get. On the Bimmian website, there are so many options:

Im also assuming that the white bulbs are only white illumination (i.e. when turn signal activated illuminate white) whereas amber is that it only illuminates amber. Are the housing for both the options the same with just different illumination?

Also, how are the rear turn signals going for you?

Sorry if it all sounds confusing, but I'm very confused at the moment
Crack open your owners manual to make sure you order the correct bulb type for your car. I can't say for sure that your Australian spec car uses the same bulbs as my US spec car. My front and rear turn signals are two different bulb specs.

The bulbs are single color, either amber or white. Housings are the same, but there might be a slight color difference in the pin-head sized LED chips that they use for the two different colors, but they are so small that they are almost invisible.

The rears turned out great. Even though they are shining through a red lens, the light that comes through is completely amber and very bright. It's kinda surprising, since I tried an amber OEM bulb in the other rear turn signal, but the light that came through was still red. Like I warned before, I would be cautious about buying a white replacement bulb for a rear lens housing with a red or amber lens color, as the light that comes through may be bright pink(US lens) or a really bright washed out amber color(Aus lens). I would buy amber for the rears if you're thinking of upgrading those as well.

I'll post some pics of how mine turned out, but I found it's difficult to accurately photo lights, especially LEDs.