Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I see your point.
For a person who can gain/lose weight easily (myself), it isn't biggie. However, with recovery period, this is probably one of the most challenging times in terms of weight change.

I do believe in mind over body, but that is what it got me in this position at first place.
I had a job which I need to stand 8-10hrs w/ ~70-80lbs load. Did that for 4yrs. On a bad day, I was averaging 18k steps ,and on good rainy days, 11k steps with the load. Funny thing is that, people who are very healthy/workout freaks/sports freaks all gave up within 1.5yrs.

That was the dumbest mistake of my life. I should have quit within 2yrs.
I also also dumb that I thought I still had 18-22yr old body.
It is part mind over body, but honestly, physical endurance is going to prevail. Your mind can only trick you into so many things. Fake it until you make it only works under certain situations.

I know what you mean when you are on your feet all day. I used to do it for 60/70 hours a week. It's strenuous and by the end of the day, the motivation isn't there. It is what it is. In that same fact though, only you can change your future. Hours in a day might be limited, but if you want to live a long an prosperous life, you can make at least a half hour out of each day to give your body the love it needs.

You wouldn't go more than 10k on your motor without changing the oil right? And that's well beyond what I would ever consider. What about your body? Keep clogging that filter and it's going to run like shit whether you want it to or not.
Appreciate 0