View Single Post
      08-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #52
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoggm3 View Post
Unions and businesses keep each others' greed in check. When the pendulum swings too far, the greedy get crushed. Where ethical businesses care about their workers and provide reasonable wages, benefits and work rules, unions become irrelevant and cease to exist. Unfortunately there is still a need for unions in some circumstances because unbridled greed still exists among too many business leaders.
I liked how you started, but then you said " and cease to exist", have you ever seen a Union go quietly?

My biggest problem is the "union mentality", it's often costed organizations and even economys, I also wish that Union workers would understand that business have down turns, they have down years, they can't always afford to up wages or benefits.

PS, I wrote about 3 long paragraphs before deleting..

If you take a look at the Verizon strikes, I promise that the issue is not Verizon's fault, It's that State Governments can no longer afford to pay Verizon because they are all BROKE, this trickles down to the Unions, and the Union then says Verizon is attacking the Union, or the "workers".

AT&T jut purchased T-Mobile, and is now larger than Verizon, does the Union care? NO. It wants to milk Verizon until it is dead, we've seen this ugly ugly cycle in the past, costing many corporations their lives. All Verizon wants is for Union employees get the same benefits as all the other workers, it's so frustrating to see Union workers get more than the other workers only because they can leverage a strike. Unions are no longer partners of their organizations, they are no longer supporters of their companies. Rather they are viruses that will eventually be cleaned out in the most capitalistic of processes.

Union workers only have one place to look, the union bosses. Greed does swing both ways, over the last 20 years, it's swung too far towards the Unions. In the US we are entitled to nothing, we have to earn it all...the American way.
Appreciate 0