02-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #43
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
I am not a sales rep nor am I making excuses for them. What I'm saying is that respect is a two way street. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to be respectful as well. And wasting someone's time and costing him his honestly earned commission simply because you are too dumb/lazy to call ahead and schedule an appointment is plain disrespectful. The other salesperson was quite correct in telling this guy to deal with the guy he was speaking to previously - sales people are not supposed to poach clients from each other.
Why is auto sales the only retail profession where the sales people think their time is more valuable than the customer's? Seriously, I can't think of any other indusrty where the consumer thinks they have to call ahead. At the end of the day the salesperson is there to vend a product, plain and simple. I'm NOT going arrange my day to suit them for the priveledge of spending my money.

I've been in commisioned retail before and I've NEVER asked a customer to call ahead. I also never had an issue spending time with a customer who wasn't ready to buy. And the reason? It's called cultivating the relationship. By the time the customer is ready to buy not only will they come seek you out, and wait if you're tied up, but they'll refer everyone they know to you. It ends up benefitting the salesmen and the customer.

Some of you people have a lot to learn about customer service. Don't let the dealers brain wash you into thinking you owe them anything. They need you, not the other way around.
Appreciate 0