Voodoo18
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i, GT350, MDX, SL55, Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440i View Post
Are you on stock suspension or lowered?
lol, good question.

I was actually taking a very close look at this this morning. Its a 19 that I bought used in 2023 w/22k miles that came off of a lease, so I (maybe wrongly) assumed that someone wouldn't spend a lot in modifications to a lease. But when I went to switch to my winter tire set up last year, I noticed that someone before me put jack pads in place at the jack points, so this car obviously had aftermarket wheels on it in the past.

Which brings me to this morning...I've never thought that my cars wheel gap was that bad. It's never been obvious to me that the car looked 'high' and the gap doesn't seem as big as I've seen on other XD GC's. And Im pretty attuned to the way that cars sit because my wife has an SL55 w/adjustable suspension that when it's at the highest setting looks awful, like an SUV. Im pretty sure that I could crawl in there and take a nap, it's so huge.

Im really starting to think that the car has also been lowered a bit too. I really need investigate more and it's why Im searching the forums today. I am due for an oil change soon, so Im thinking that I may just take it to my local BMW dealer and have them look at it while it's there.

I thinking that I may have lucked out here.

Wheels should be delivered this week, hopefully. And I've got a lot of tire and wheel swapping to do....Im going to end up having a set of 400 wheels and 50% used run flats for sale soon...but I'll post up pics when everything is done.
Appreciate 0