View Single Post
      10-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #44
Canexican
Closet N54 Fan
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Guys this is not wheel hp numbers! They will publish WHP and note it if it is. They give you calculated hp because that is what most people compare things to in regards to other cars they look at since cars are always listed from the factory as crank hp.

Same thing people misunderstood insidelines dyno of the 1m as being 341 whp when in fact that was the crank hp.

They are known for underestimating the power a bit but bmw or any company would not underestimate hp by 50 plus hp.

Read the reviews as well. This engine felt about the same as the 255hp I6 its replacing and that had 200 whp. If this thing truly had 240 whp it would obliterate the old I6 in those tests.

Everything points to crank hp here guys
IT IS WHP! Insideline tests cars, including the 1M, on the dyno quite frequently. They post dyno vids quite frequently and they are always the WHP numbers, not BHP. These numbers are on MD Automotive's DynoJet. DynoJets are known for being some of the highest reading dyno's out there. Remember, Dynos are tuning tools, not reality tools. However, the power of the car is probably somewhat underrated as per usual at BMW.
Stock Turbo. Stock Cams. E85 Powered. Tuned by JSDyno.com
Sweet vids of my car kicking ass...
Appreciate 0