View Single Post
      07-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #64
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I think people that have NOT heard the car IRL should stop bashing.

I personally think the S55 sounds as good as any other I6 cars. Stock for stock, I think it definitely sounds better than the S54 to be honest. So if that's the case, I don't think it can be called a disappointment by any means (which was subjective to begin with)

The reason I'm calling it a disapointment is only because people always expect a new car to get better in every department then the previous model, so in that regard, how can someone say it's not a disapointment!? Not only it does'nt sound as good as the S65(which was expected) but it does'nt even sound specially good!

I know you like the sound, but I still believe that videos don't lie(I bought six exhaust systems based on youtube clips and always got what I expected), and it's not like there's only one or two poor quality videos to judge from, we've seen many many good quality videos and it's always the same thing, a sound that is less then pleasing from the exterior and almost too loud to be real from the interior.

Also I don't think that the E46 vs F8x stock sound comparaison means much, other then maybe the fact that 15 years ago, most cars came with a tame exhaust note, even the E9x was too tame for most enthousiast. IMO what's really important is how awsome the engine can sound with the right exhaust, and from what we've seen with the Akra and the M Perf, it seems like the S55 don't even have the capacity to sound awsome with an aftermarket exhaust!
Hopefully I'm wrong on this one, but we'll see!

Anyway, all I'm saying is that it's good that people are bashing on the F8x(to certain extend) because that way, BMW will know what they need to do with the next M3/M4, and maybe even with the M2!
Appreciate 0