Rep
Drives: BMW 320d 2009

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
How about this one:
http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/treads/re050.aspx
click on sizes, it shows 225/50/16 92W RFT
Yep, not sure how I missed that when I first went to their site ... Thanks!

In any case, went to a Bridgestone Select dealer in Brookvale today to have the tyre checked. First they couldn't find anything wrong with it but then the boss had a look and spotted a small rusty nail buried in the tread which must have been the culprit!
Now, there have been discussions in this forum and elsewhere over whether these tyres can be repaired or not (mine even sport a 'Do not repair' warning on the side), but the dealer had no concerns at all applying a repair kit ("from Germany") to the puncture, which instantly bonded a plug applied through the inside of the tyre and all is well. He said only Bridgestone select dealers would be authorised to do this.

So I was quite happy with this outcome and the service received there (like, he didn't push me to replace two or four tyres as is often the case elsewhere when you go have your wheels inspected). The way the tyres are going they will be good for another 10-20k at which point I will have them replaced for the same ones from this shop, most likely ...

So, thanks all for their feedback re this issue!
320d | 6sp Auto | Tasman Green | Beige Dakota Leather/Burr Walnut | Memory Mirror & Seats | Electric Lumbar Support | Alarm | Active Cruise | Adaptive Xenons | Business Navigation with iDrive | Hi-Fi with iPod Interface | Already over 29000 km !
Appreciate 0