11-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #80
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Bumping this, seems kinda dead around here.

I just started month two of Insanity. I was in pretty good shape, a lean 169, but then I took some time off and gained about 6 pounds to 175. Decided I would start Insanity. The first month was rough I thought. I managed to GAIN 5 pounds though to 180. I took before pics and pics at the one month mark and I notice more definition in my midsection, however I still gained weight. I tend to really gain muscle when using my legs a lot like with this program. I did my recovery week and took a couple of extra days off (a weekend) before starting this Monday.

MAX intervals on these days are a whole different level. I am completely wiped after the workouts, but I feel accomplished and proud. I used to run a lot and that was pretty much it. I do like to lift but I tend to put muscle on too fast and it hinders my ability to run (I'm in the military and need to be able to run 2 miles in a decent time). My cardio is insane right now though. I haven't run in a month, but being able to do these workouts is just insane in itself. I am gonna go for a unit run in the morning tomorrow even though I am sore as heck... Interested to see how easy it will be compared to these INSANE workouts!

I'd like to lose some weight, so maybe this MAX month will do it for me, but so far I have actually gained some weight from insanity. Kind of crazy I think. I am eating clean too, it's the one thing that I have been sticking with even if I take a break from working out. I haven't eaten fast food in MONTHS, and I never eat anything but eggs and chicken and the occasional piece of fish (I don't care for seafood). Throw in lots of fruits and veggies and that's my diet. My biggest meal is breakfast, with the rest of the day my meals get smaller. My pants aren't getting any tighter in the waist so I can't be putting fat on! We will see!