View Single Post
      11-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #8
Ichiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

David328M-Sport: Thats a fantastic video, thanks for posting it.

GL888 - David's video should give you some peace of mind as to how easy it is to pull the doors apart.

Going back to your original question, what exactly bothers you about the current OEM setup? Is the sound quality/clarity lacking in any way or you after louder sound? Have you tried changing settings, do you have an equalizer?

In my humble opinion, every sound upgrade project I've seen has always been done in stages and this works out well as you can hear/feel the changes with every stage. This also gives you greater control with your budget and allows you the flexibility to change your mind after each stage.

What the shops said about sound deadening is always the first place to start. This makes a world of difference...even with stock speakers.

Post that...
Normally a minor but value-for-money upgrade would be to get a good set of front splits with a decent crossover and make sure there's enough juice to run them (amplifier if required). This will cover the mids and high frequency.

Then...
If you want some extra low end - consider a compact amplified sub (mounted under the seat).

Finally...
Timing/tuning. I'm quite new to this concept so I can't elaborate much but consider this the fine tuning of your system to get the best out of it...makes a difference.
Appreciate 0