10-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #23
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
i dunno.. but i enjoy setting my watches

it's a little ritual every morning... choosing which one to wear, setting it to the exact second

maybe i'll have a need for a winder if i ever get some crazy perpetual calendar movement that's a pain the ass to set

otherwise, most of my watches are hacking/winding.. so it takes all but a few seconds to set it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
I let them sit in their pouches until I want to wear one of them. When I want to wear a green shirt, I may choose the Milgauss. If I am going to a formal event, I'll wear one of my very dressy watches. Blue outfit, I grab the Marine.

I just pick something based on my mood and wear it when I return home. When I am headed out of town again, I grab my Constellation and go. While I'm gone, they mostly sit. Occasionally, my sons will borrow one and wear it. For example, my youngest is wearing one of them as he does his gap year traveling.

All the best.
both very reasonable. i guess it depends on your style of ownership. i binge wear. havent been able to take off my GMT Coke since i got it. It matches my red /black m3 and so much else that i'm wearing these days

as for setting watches each day. i agree with that if your watches dont have day/date wheels.

My Omega Speedy Triple Calendar is a mega dick to set when it's been sitting unwound so a winder is totally necessary. Also, as much fun as setting watches is i also worry about over-using the crown. That comes from wearing out the crown on a vintage Omega i have. I guess it wouldnt happen on a modern Rolex / Omega.