View Single Post
      02-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #45
UAxDEATH(NYC)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X6M 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I would have asked you the same question though probably a little better. I sell homes, so one of the 1st things I do when I meet a new potential buyer is talk about their financing situation BEFORE I show them a house. I'm not interested in wasting my time or yours. Its business, you were looking at a very expensive car and wanted to test drive it. Not rocket science.
Ok i have a question for ya, why do you think that your time is more important than mine - or anybody else?? Do you know how this annoying that every single salesmen asking you "are you have money to buy a house, car, boat...etc etc.". I mean what kind of attitude is that ? Why would i (or anybody else) go to see a house, if i cant buy it??? Entire existence of salesmen is for helping customers to make a decision- well guess what sometimes they decide to don't buy it. As i said before, if we all knew those details - we'd be doing on-line buying.

I run my own business, we doing high rise buildings in Manhattan, we do glazing, so I'll tell only from my own experience, everyday i receiving emails, with architectural drawings, 80% of them is never go to anywhere, but i still bid them, i still giving the people (owners, architects, developers, GCs and etc) price. Why I'm "wasting my time and time of customer" - YOU NEVER KNOW!!! Who has money who doesn't, they financial history - its a big BS, some people owned before billions of dollars worth buildings - and now cant afford a building for 2-3mln. And if I, or any of my guys - would ask the customer "DO YOU HAVE MONEY TO BUILD THIS??" - NEXT DAY I'd be out of my business.
Appreciate 0