View Single Post
      02-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #48
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I learned a loooooooong time ago that someone's appearance means squat when it comes to their buying power.

I will say your approach is a hell of a lot more tactful though. Discussing finances is a LOT different than just blurting out "Can you even afford this?" Simply asking someone their price range is a good way to do it, it's what I did. Maybe I'm too trusting but I always took people at their work on that. If when it was time to pay they couldn't well, shit happens. More often than not though, it worked out just fine.
yup never judge a book by its cover, never. Its easy to fall into that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAxDEATH(NYC) View Post
Ok i have a question for ya, why do you think that your time is more important than mine - or anybody else?? Do you know how this annoying that every single salesmen asking you "are you have money to buy a house, car, boat...etc etc.". I mean what kind of attitude is that ? Why would i (or anybody else) go to see a house, if i cant buy it??? Entire existence of salesmen is for helping customers to make a decision- well guess what sometimes they decide to don't buy it. As i said before, if we all knew those details - we'd be doing on-line buying.

I run my own business, we doing high rise buildings in Manhattan, we do glazing, so I'll tell only from my own experience, everyday i receiving emails, with architectural drawings, 80% of them is never go to anywhere, but i still bid them, i still giving the people (owners, architects, developers, GCs and etc) price. Why I'm "wasting my time and time of customer" - YOU NEVER KNOW!!! Who has money who doesn't, they financial history - its a big BS, some people owned before billions of dollars worth buildings - and now cant afford a building for 2-3mln. And if I, or any of my guys - would ask the customer "DO YOU HAVE MONEY TO BUILD THIS??" - NEXT DAY I'd be out of my business.
I didnt say my time is more important than yours, I dont know you. When it comes to my business I dont rely on my clients knowing what they can purchase or what they can sell their homes for. 90% of the time they are wrong, way too may factors that they dont consider. I'm talking about homes not cars, different level of finances. I make sure up front you know what you can do and what you cant, that way you dont waste YOUR TIME AND MINE.

make sense now?