View Single Post
      02-25-2010, 09:38 AM   #61
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti335 View Post
I am not a sales rep nor am I making excuses for them. What I'm saying is that respect is a two way street. If you want to be treated with respect, you have to be respectful as well. And wasting someone's time and costing him his honestly earned commission simply because you are too dumb/lazy to call ahead and schedule an appointment is plain disrespectful. The other salesperson was quite correct in telling this guy to deal with the guy he was speaking to previously - sales people are not supposed to poach clients from each other.
The previous sales rep didn't do much for him. Showed him a couple cars (the main one of interest not existing as a choice anymore) and didn't do squat for paperwork, correct? If the CA isn't there the next time you can go in, I guess the customer should rearrange his/her schedule to make it fit for someone that hasn't locked in any sort of exclusive deal....???? And we're dealing with salesmen who work on hourly wages, not commission in this case.

Calling the OP a douche for walking into a dealer who openly accepts walk-ins when he had time is ridiculous. These are BMW's, not Maybachs. FFS some of you people need to get off your high horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacwm View Post
my 2 cents... i would usually call ahead of time and see if the sales rep i work with is available and try and schedule something... they get paid on commission and i respect that. unless i dont like the rep, then i would look for other options.
i see your frustration, but i totally understand where the sales guy is coming from.
I agree with this completely. Would have been better to call ahead and arrange something. When possible, this is the best way to avoid misunderstandings and miscommunications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
You sound like a baby whining that the dealership sold the car you wanted. If you wanted that car so badly you would have left a deposit. It's sales what do you expect? Just because you were there the day before, hell even two hours prior, doesn't mean it's still going to be there when you come back. Welcome to life. You, then, say "I want this, no maybe this, no maybe that" you have to look at it from their prospective. If some kid that walked in THAT many times and did that to 3 different sales associates you would treat him in a reluctant manner as well. Again, welcome to life.
I don't get the impression that he was whining about the car he wanted having been sold. I got the impression he was upset about the way he was addressed by the CA. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Whether or not the CA is right to feel a little upset by the event, he should have been professional enough to address the matter professionally and with some sort of tact. People who fail to bite their tongues or address customers in a tactful manner don't belong in sales. Period. It sucks, believe me, but that's one of the things that separates the great salesmen from the absolutely horrid ones: tact.

Yes, the OP should have called ahead or setup appointments to make things work best. Also, there's nothing wrong with shopping around. I'm sure some people here are comfortable buying a vehicle for tens of thousands of dollars "sight unseen", but it's not wrong for him to consider his options as a consumer. But, in the end, he is shopping for a car at a dealership who claims walk-ins for their own benefit. Again, it's a BMW dealership. We are talking about BMWs, not Learjets.
Appreciate 0