View Single Post
      02-23-2024, 08:07 PM   #20
B58 _gran_coupe_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 440i Odin Tuned DAW turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
If money is an issue then install the VAC Upper Control Arms/Thrust Arms first. They have the biggest impact on the steering precision. The Lower Control Arms/Wishbones also improve steering but I’d estimate the impact to be about 50% as much as the UCAs.

I would discourage you from diving in and making changes to the rear bushings, as others discouraged me when I was researching. Friends who track all told me that going to stiffer rear bushings would only worsen my street ride, not improve it. Even a friend who had installed monoball rear bushings told me not to do it. He said that I’d never feel a difference on the street. He said that he did it strictly for the benefits at high track speeds and conditions.

In general when you’re modding it is always better to only change one thing at a time. When you change 2-3 and something doesn’t feel right, it makes things much more difficult to troubleshoot and correct.
I very much appreciate your input here.

If you're being discouraged from the subframe inserts then I'm sure that's for very good reason. What I don't understand is that M cars, to my understanding, have solid subframe bushes and although they feel rougher than non M variants, you don't here of people really complaining about nvh from their M3 and M4s. I've heard people talking about a harsher ride but not a deal breaker for a road car.
Appreciate 0