View Single Post
      07-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #44
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I just adjusted a customers ACC sensor remotely. ISTA would not work so I used INPA. The car needs to be on a level surface with the parking brake on and the tires at the factory PSI. The sensor needs to be 1.2 meters away from a large full body mirror. The mirror needs to be perfectly vertical and perpendicular to the car. I measured the distance between the front wheels to each side of the mirror. Once both wheels were exactly the same distance from each side of the mirror you are ready for the adjustment. If you are installing new adjustment screws set all three of them to 43mm.

Load up the ACC module under inpa. Hit F6 (Activate), F6 (justage) and then F3. Start hitting next until it ask you for set up values on the BMW tool. I put in the factory example values (4.2 and 1.3 I believe). It will then show you a alignment gauge that will not move as you turn the adjustment screws; It is not a live reading. Please note the scale will change when you do a new reading. I would run through the entire process two times to make sure the values you get are about the same. The first time I tired adjusting the sensor it keep giving us random adjustment values. I had to re-position the mirror. Then it took three adjustment round to get the sensor values in the green area. The top screw controls the vertical adjustment and the bottom screw adjusts the horizontal adjustment.

I would love to see how close this adjustment is to the one you would get at the dealer.

Last edited by Nickco43; 07-06-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0