View Single Post
      02-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

Angry Knocking Suspension Noise HELP (VID UPLOADED)

Hey guys,

My car has developed a weird knocking noise recently and I have recorded it and put the link below.

I fell into a pot hole at woodbine and steeles 2 weeks ago which popped my tire and replaced 2 tires together. 1 week after replacing the tires, my car has developed this noise and I first thought it was snow stuck in the wheel well, so I have cleared it out but it still knocks. I looked at all 4 wheels and don't seem to find anything obstructing it as the knock increases as speed increases and the noise seems to be coming from driver side wheel which is the one that popped over the pot hole.

The thing that bugs me is the noise does not always appear and sometimes after driving a bit it just goes away. I have taken it to my mechanic who has test drove it on a bumpy road and it didn't knock when he drove it and only heard like isolated knocks and he says its the sway bar end links that are shot but he did not put it on the hoist to check anything. WHile driving home today, I noticed that if I tap the brake lightly, the noise would go away but as soon as I lift the brake it comes back.

Please help me out guys and thank you
Appreciate 0