Please visit one of the specific Bimmerpost sites above  

Go Back   BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #45
Brodiendd
New Member
0

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United States


Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Well weight gain normally for slim people, may challenging because there may a powerful reason is family Heredity. So best way is eat fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, drink fresh fruit juice, increase the intake, of carbohydrate rich food like rice, wheat, corn and the like.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #46
e90 Powa
Enlisted Member
0

 
e90 Powa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 White 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nj


Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Im 6'2 237lbs I been powerlifting since I was 16, screw shakes they are only really good after a workout like on your way home. You want high carbs and obviously protien ( tonssssss of chicken, beef, seafood and eggs ) but get it from real food not supps. Complex carbs before bedtime and clean carbs ( wheat ) one hour before training. Clean but bulky meals 4-5 times a day and you'll be up to 35lbs in no time. Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #47
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
2

 
stormzusmc's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i Sedona Red
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN


Posts: 214
iTrader: (1)

25g of protein....lol wot m8? You need more like 1-1.5g per pound of body weight
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #48
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
United_States
161

 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors


Posts: 12,610
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormzusmc View Post
25g of protein....lol wot m8? You need more like 1-1.5g per pound of body weight
i second that. in heavy training cycles i shoot for 1.5g/lb and also have a pretty high calorie count. 4-5k.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #49
Racer-X / 6'er
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2010 650i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC


Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Easy... get married and have a couple kids. :-). Or,,, go to Wall Mart, it's working we'll for everyone else there!

Really though... be careful of the high weight/low rep's advice. It works well, I bulked up nicely with NO supplements. But, I've ruined my shoulders.

BEST ADVICE; Be who you are and confident in that. People will respect you more for the right reasons. The weight will come when you want it the least.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 05:02 AM   #50
Dean005
Registered
0

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Australia


Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Don't use any weight gainer or steroids products for your weight gain.
Improve your diet plan, eat healthy and balanced diet, add more protein foods in your routine diet to gain your muscular weight rather than fat.
__________________
Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
2/539 High Street Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia

Last edited by Dean005; 03-08-2014 at 03:30 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #51
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
United_States
161

 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors


Posts: 12,610
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-X / 6'er View Post

BEST ADVICE; Be who you are and confident in that. People will respect you more for the right reasons. The weight will come when you want it the least.
this is accurate. most people are limited to a certain range by genetics. cant alter that without drugs. i can get fat, not the goal, but not huge muscle wise.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #52
Ben2k9
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nashville, TN


Posts: 150
iTrader: (1)

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...le-in-4-weeks/

This is a good approach. Gotta each like a monster, with tons of protein. Must drink a protein shake immediate after a workout and then a full meal soon thereafter. Shun high cardio workouts for a few months while bulking up (activities such as jogging, etc)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #53
pesonja
Registered
0

 
Drives: Subaru
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: austria


Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

You just have to eat a lot more than you are used to and your body will respond
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:51 PM   #54
Ashleigh
New Member
0

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA


Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

The big thing is that you will need to convert all of these calories in to muscle making energy which is great if you are getting ample protein, amino acids, etc.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 10:54 PM   #55
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
United_States
161

 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors


Posts: 12,610
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodiendd View Post
Well weight gain normally for slim people, may challenging because there may a powerful reason is family Heredity. So best way is eat fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, drink fresh fruit juice, increase the intake, of carbohydrate rich food like rice, wheat, corn and the like.
Pfft!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #56
PSUSMU
Captain
20

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA


Posts: 812
iTrader: (1)

I just started tracking my calorie intake using MyFitnessPal. I never realized how few cals I actually average. I'm 6'1" 155lbs. Goal is 170lbs. The app tells me I need 2660 cals/day to gain 1lb/week.
What are some meals/snacks I should get in the habit of bringing to work and having every day?
__________________
RSI, LLC | Fender Rolling | Suspension | Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:07 PM   #57
M3-S65
Banned
No_Country
10

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: USA


Posts: 886
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I just started tracking my calorie intake using MyFitnessPal. I never realized how few cals I actually average. I'm 6'1" 155lbs. Goal is 170lbs. The app tells me I need 2660 cals/day to gain 1lb/week.
What are some meals/snacks I should get in the habit of bringing to work and having every day?
You need those high protein nutrition bars and drinks. They are packed with calories...some have as much as 400 to 500 calories ( example and link below: VPX Zero Impact Bar). Eat and drink 3 servings of those and you only need a Burger King Whopper and fries (1,000 calories see calorie content below..) and your done...Whoppers are not the healthiest food to eat- but it will gain you weight...

http://store.muscleandfitness.com/pr...Bar/36698.aspx
http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...-small-i300435
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #58
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
143

 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL


Posts: 3,012
iTrader: (1)

So you want to gain weight but you care what kind of weight? You said you work out so I'd assume you want to put on muscle vs just packing on the LBs from fat and dirty eating.
Putting on weight is easy. Eat lots of crap.
But...don't do that.

Figure out what you're maintenance amount of calories is right now then add 500-1000 calories to that. Continue working out. Wait a couple of weeks and see how your body responds to that adjustment. Then either adjust from there or maintain that caloric amount. Keep in mind that this will take some time to put on the right kind of weight and to add muscle and size. You want to stay the course and not look for quick/easy fixes like those weight gainers that you're taking that most likely have tons of crap and fillers in it that will help you add some vagigglejaggle to your waist. Keep working out and keep eating clean especially since you'll be doing less cardio.

Its really that simple.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #59
PSUSMU
Captain
20

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA


Posts: 812
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
So you want to gain weight but you care what kind of weight? You said you work out so I'd assume you want to put on muscle vs just packing on the LBs from fat and dirty eating.
Putting on weight is easy. Eat lots of crap.
But...don't do that.

Figure out what you're maintenance amount of calories is right now then add 500-1000 calories to that. Continue working out. Wait a couple of weeks and see how your body responds to that adjustment. Then either adjust from there or maintain that caloric amount. Keep in mind that this will take some time to put on the right kind of weight and to add muscle and size. You want to stay the course and not look for quick/easy fixes like those weight gainers that you're taking that most likely have tons of crap and fillers in it that will help you add some vagigglejaggle to your waist. Keep working out and keep eating clean especially since you'll be doing less cardio.

Its really that simple.
Obviously I'm looking for muscle weight from working out with the additional caloric intake, not just fat.
I don't take weight gain supplements - only protein shakes for muscle recovery. I generally eat healthy, so I'm not trying to eat fast food burgers to get my calories up.
My weight fluctuates +/- 3-5lbs weekly to begin with based on my eating habits/water weight. I bottomed around 153-154 (I lost like 7lbs on a hiking trip to Peru couple weeks ago) and just last night was back up to 157.
__________________
RSI, LLC | Fender Rolling | Suspension | Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #60
Rob Daman
Captain
7

 
Drives: 2011 135i Vert
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: OC, CA USA


Posts: 646
iTrader: (1)

eat lots of proteins: eggs, nuts and meat then lift heavy. Reduce any type of steady state type of cardio such as that hiking you did. Do sprints instead or stairs at high intensities so you work on fast twitch muscles. Just look at how ripped and muscular a sprinter is vs a marathon runner.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #61
tc535i
Major
14

 
Drives: 2007 335i, 2001 330i, 1995 M3
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: West Los Angeles


Posts: 1,142
iTrader: (1)

how to gain weight:

consume more calories than you burn

goodamn that was complicated
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #62
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
United_States
161

 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors


Posts: 12,610
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
how to gain weight:

consume more calories than you burn

goodamn that was complicated
Being immoble while doing so also helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:53 PM   #63
PSUSMU
Captain
20

 
Drives: Entry-level Luxury
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Falls Church, VA


Posts: 812
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Daman View Post
eat lots of proteins: eggs, nuts and meat then lift heavy. Reduce any type of steady state type of cardio such as that hiking you did. Do sprints instead or stairs at high intensities so you work on fast twitch muscles. Just look at how ripped and muscular a sprinter is vs a marathon runner.
I'm not going to stop doing things I enjoy (hiking/trail running), but I am cutting back on pre-workout cardio. Maybe I'll do sprints instead of long distance warmup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i View Post
how to gain fat:

consume more calories than you burn

goodamn that was complicated
FTFY.. that's not the full equation, Pythagoras.
__________________
RSI, LLC | Fender Rolling | Suspension | Other Stuff

Last edited by PSUSMU; 05-15-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #64
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
143

 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bacon Raton, FL


Posts: 3,012
iTrader: (1)

Check out Lean Gains and see if you think that'd work for you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You know you're getting bacon, when you're cooking bacon.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #65
Rob Daman
Captain
7

 
Drives: 2011 135i Vert
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: OC, CA USA


Posts: 646
iTrader: (1)

Well I didn't say stop, I said reduce. On those uphills, do sprints.

Goals and results are up to you and only you.

Good luck.



Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUSMU View Post
I'm not going to stop doing things I enjoy (hiking/trail running), but I am cutting back on pre-workout cardio. Maybe I'll do sprints instead of long distance warmup.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #66
nesrevival
First Lieutenant
4

 
nesrevival's Avatar
 
Drives: Z4MC 07'
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CA


Posts: 335
iTrader: (2)

Don't listen to these people. it looks like you can absorb only certain amount of nutrition no matter how much you eat. for example, if you eat something, you can only absorb 50% of nutrition. So if you are eating 3 times a day, divide the same amount of food you eat into 6 times a day. This way I gained 50 lbs from 110lb to 160lb(6ft)
EAT ALOT is not going to work. Eat regularly.
__________________
2007 Supercharged ESS VT-525 Z4MC
2015 Macan Turbo Ordered!!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PF1XIUS5
-----------------------------------------------------------
2009 X5 x30i sold
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST