F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > New BMW buyers beware (Goodyear Eagles)
Studio RSR

05-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

New BMW buyers beware (Goodyear Eagles)

I won't bore you with all the details here, but anyone considering a new BMW purchase would do well to read through this.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=837508
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I don't get it - the guy buys a car with no wheel/tire insurance, gets a bubble on a tire and issists that someone else buy him new tires. Unless that bubble was clearly a manufacturing defect and not the result of a pot hole (and let's see some evidence), how is this not his own fault?
      05-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry, I must not have made the situation clear. No I did not expect someone else to buy me new tires. The only reason I'm getting new tires is because the OEM tires are on a national back order and they couldn't get me one before July. They won't mismatch tires thankfully.
Regardless how the bulge was created, it is covered under the manufacturers warranty. GY offers a 12 mo unlimited warranty on tires. Road hazard or manufacturers defect makes no difference. (This policy has since changed. Tires purchased after November 2012 are now only covered fully for manufacturers defect and road hazard is pro rated based on tread depth)
The problem is that BMWNA has mandated that we the customers have to take it upon ourselves to resolve this and they will be no help whatsoever. Every other car manufacturere will take the car in, replace however many tires they need to and be reimbursed by the tire company after the fact, thereby keeping the customer happy and driving their vehicle. Instead of this logical approach, BMW is unwilling to help at all. They will not deal with tire manufacturers at all.
This is what makes no sense to me. They could have kept me a happy customer by doing the right thing and dealing with GY themselves, being that they decided to use GY tires in the first place, and then getting reimbursed from GY. The problem is not with the tire. Things happen. The problem is with BMWNAs stance on this and not being willing to provide any assistance whatsoever. If theire going to put these highly questionable tires on their cars they need to step up to the plate and deal with all those consequences instead of leaving customers out on their own.
Maybe I'm alone in that thinking, but to me that would be proper customer service.

Last edited by JLed79; 05-09-2013 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

Personally I think your nuts...why should BMW deal with someone who made the tires on your car? You hit something..tire has bubble..end of story? Manufacturers have a warranty on tires you purchase not tires that come factory on a car and I've never seen any auto manufacturer handle this situation differently unless you have tire warranty of some sort...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #5
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep

Maybe I am nuts. That's definitely debatable. But no, I did not hit anything. The tires were deemed man defect by GY. If you read the reviews of these tiers on tirerack you will see that this is a very common problem with this tire. Probably exactly why they're on backorder.
I can say that I had the same problem in the past with GY Eagles on my Denali (non RFT). In that instance the dealer took my truck in, replaced the tire and then dealt with GY themselves.
I guess I just assumed this was SOP with all manufacturers. Obviously I was mistaken. Thanks for your input.
Appreciate 0