F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Go heat!!!
GetBMWParts

05-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #265
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Local sports radio host, Dan LeBatard has said more than a few times, that this is the worst of these Heat teams we are going to see, and I think he's right. Pretty scary thought.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #266
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsprm69 View Post
WTF, are you serious??????

i don't get why is everyone getting all bent out of shape for some "innocent, no pun intended, sports shit talking" on my behalf.

i don't need facts or knowledge or none of that bullshit you are talking about, facts are my team is winning and yours is loosing or lost already.

give me a fucking break.

have fun with the freaking game its just a game, now if your team lost already then STFU AND GTFO.

on a side note: LEEETTTSSS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
lol you're a joke dude

its funny how you think we're mad...you're just making a douche out of yourself, keep posting

LOL...
Just by the way we talk about basketball I guess he doesn't realize we are BASKETBALL Fans...and not just fans of our hometown teams. Why else would we compliment the Heat or any other team with clear, concise analysis if we weren't basketball fans?
Makes me wonder...if the Heat sucked...would he even be watching basketball? For some reason I think the answer is: NO...LOL

That being said good game last night by the Heat. LBJ is starting to show his dominance (esp. in the 2nd half of games) the way he was in Cleveland. D. Wade seemed to have worked out some of his kinks as well. I think a bonus wild card was/is the return of Udonis Haslem as a top-notch role-player in their offense. With that much offense and the relatively young legs on defense (their starters as compared to the Mavs) makes this a tough matchup for the WC champs...look forward to seeing the rest of the series...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 07:44 AM   #267
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
LOL...
Just by the way we talk about basketball I guess he doesn't realize we are BASKETBALL Fans...and not just fans of our hometown teams. Why else would we compliment the Heat or any other team with clear, concise analysis if we weren't basketball fans?
Yea I guess growing up watching those Bulls teams helps you appreciate good basketball, no matter where it's played...lending you to thoughts as to why you think team x over team y beyond "I'm from here and I like my team best"...trash talking is good and fun but even in that regard he's incompetent...

Like I said before, I didn't see the Heat totally "put it together" until games 2 through 4 of the Eastern finals...even with their 4-0 run against Boston, I saw chinks I thought the Bulls could exploit, but talent and experience won out, which is exactly how I think this series against Dallas will turn out. The Heat's off-the-ball defense was very well executed, I just don't see the Mavs overcoming that 4 times. While Miami's bench is lacking, at least of late, it's deeper than Dallas'. And for my dumb, unrelated fanboy comment, Mark Cuban's a nimrod and I love seeing him lose.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 07:54 AM   #268
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
all i can think about right now is so many people doubting and hating on Lebron and the Heat in the pre-season, but now Lebron has the best selling jersey and are only 3 games away from there championship. HEAT and King James FTMFW.
This will be a season to remember - never have the players dictated their own destiny like they have in the case of "The Decision." Many of the doubts of the Heat were founded IMO, they played plenty of regrettable basketball during the regular season, had trouble closing games, I think Bosh underperformed a lot of people's expectations, and people questioned Spoelstra as "Pat Riley's puppet" - combine that with the absolute mishandling of the free agency situation by LJ, their "pre championship championship" celebration, the parading like assclowns, etc... and the hate is to be expected, but as with anything else, time and winning heals all wounds. There was plenty of reason to believe in them and plenty to doubt them. Anyone who says they absolutely knew this would happen is a pretty shitty NBA observer, unless they also picked D Rose as MVP, Thibs coach of the year, Bulls best record in NBA, Lakers going down in 4, Celtics down in 5, Bulls down in 5 etc...we get all the people coming back out of the wordwork retroactively saying "I told you so" when really, given the unknowns of the situation before and throughout the season, they're condemning their thought process as flawed, to me at least
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:39 AM   #269
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
LOL...
Makes me wonder...if the Heat sucked...would he even be watching basketball? For some reason I think the answer is: NO...LOL

well i'm sorry i'm just a fan of my hometown team and not just a "basketball" fan like you experts. you are absolutely right if my team was out of the games already, i would have stopped watching as there is no point for me to keep on following if my team lost.

on previous seasons i've followed the heat all the way till they got taken out, then i stopped watching till was time for next season.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #270
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
brons a quitter....youtube cav v celtics game 5 last year...Jordan would NEVER pull that shit...

Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #271
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
im a basketball fan, but more of a heat fan, but actually, im more of a dolphins fan.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #272
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Local sports radio host, Dan LeBatard has said more than a few times, that this is the worst of these Heat teams we are going to see, and I think he's right. Pretty scary thought.
dan leretard is a moron who has no idea what hes reporting.

edwin pope knows whats up.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #273
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
brons a quitter....youtube cav v celtics game 5 last year...Jordan would NEVER pull that shit...
Here we go with this crap. LeBron's a quitter. LeBron can't close. LeBron's not a leader.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #274
Loco Goose
Rep
Drives: Space Gray 335

lol @ the tags in this thread

Quote:
bosh looks like a raptor, heat fans = giant tools, i love bostriches!!!!!!!!, johnsprm69=epicdouche, johnsprm69eatssprm
everyone hates on the Heat just because their team is watching the NBA Finals from the couch

06-01-2011, 10:13 AM   #275
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsprm69 View Post
well i'm sorry i'm just a fan of my hometown team and not just a "basketball" fan like you experts. you are absolutely right if my team was out of the games already, i would have stopped watching as there is no point for me to keep on following if my team lost.

on previous seasons i've followed the heat all the way till they got taken out, then i stopped watching till was time for next season.
There you go again....LOL....even when you try to acknowledge a valid point you still inject sardonic insult..LOL. Anyway I am by no means an expert, but I did play basketball in H.S. and for various military teams, my sister (who I taught the starting fundamentals) played starting point guard 3 years in college, All Air Force, All Armed Forces, my father played in H.S., mother, etc, etc....grew up watching the 80/90's Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Rockets, Trailblazers, Pistons....all great teams. Love watching the Final Four tournament (even if my team isn't in it). I love basketball and understand it....I would even coach if my job didn't take me to horrid hot-ass middle eastern countries all the time...but I can't so I watch and analyze. That said I do believe the Heat just might win the whole she-bang....will I like it...ehh...nah not really because, refer to my prior LBJ comments. Great player, but flawed and entitled psyche in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Here we go with this crap. LeBron's a quitter. LeBron can't close. LeBron's not a leader.
1. Lebron DID quit in that game.
2. That does make Lebron a quitter. Refer to my previous LBJ comments.
3. Lebron is not yet the "leader" he needs to be...at least not yet. That mantle falls to the veteran D. Wade
4. Don't ever compare Lebron to the greatest of all time MJ!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #276
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco Goose View Post
lol @ the tags in this thread

everyone hates on the Heat just because their team is watching the NBA Finals from the couch
No one's hating, most of us without a rooting interest either way actually think they will win. Read the thread, only people being hated on are the people with nothing to actually say
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #277
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
3. Lebron is not yet the "leader" he needs to be...at least not yet. That mantle falls to the veteran D. Wade
From a pure talent perspective, LBJ is better than MJ. He's just simply bigger, faster, stronger, better. How successful both will prove to have been is an unanswered question, I think 6 titles is a lot for LBJ to top, but won't say it's impossible. I think as far as the Heat are concerned, they're quickly realizing that Wade is starting to fade out - what was once "his" team is becoming Lebrons. This could work out quite well for them if Wade is content with being the #2 mid range to perimeter shooting option, and letting the younger, better, LJ handle the "dirty work" if you wanna call it that. They've had some questionable moments of leadership this year, but they're not stupid, and they're figuring it out faster than at least I thought they would.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #278
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
From a pure talent perspective, LBJ is better than MJ. He's just simply bigger, faster, stronger, better. How successful both will prove to have been is an unanswered question, I think 6 titles is a lot for LBJ to top, but won't say it's impossible. I think as far as the Heat are concerned, they're quickly realizing that Wade is starting to fade out - what was once "his" team is becoming Lebrons. This could work out quite well for them if Wade is content with being the #2 mid range to perimeter shooting option, and letting the younger, better, LJ handle the "dirty work" if you wanna call it that. They've had some questionable moments of leadership this year, but they're not stupid, and they're figuring it out faster than at least I thought they would.
I don't like comparing players like that...even moreso when they play different positions. I like the Kobe vs. MJ comparison...maybe...LBJ vs. another small forward? I am sure Wade is learning when he needs to be #2. Let LBJ be #1 but if he is having an off night, have the leadership and veteran savvy to go ahead and take over from there. Bosh gets a lot of "heat" (pun completely intended) but he is a SOLID role-player and I would take him on my team any day of the week. Boozer/Gibson or Bosh?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #279
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'd take Bosh no question - it's no secret that both Bosh and Boozer both wanted to go to the Heat, (well it is now that the details have been out), and Boozer signed with the Bulls once he knew the Heat wouldn't have any money for him as they were taking Bosh.

Problem with Wade is he's got a lottttt of minutes...a lot of hard minutes, for a while he was to the Heat what Rose essentially is to the Bulls now...the 1 guy who could get it done. All those minutes certainly appear to be adding up
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #280
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
This will be a season to remember - never have the players dictated their own destiny like they have in the case of "The Decision." Many of the doubts of the Heat were founded IMO, they played plenty of regrettable basketball during the regular season, had trouble closing games, I think Bosh underperformed a lot of people's expectations, and people questioned Spoelstra as "Pat Riley's puppet" - combine that with the absolute mishandling of the free agency situation by LJ, their "pre championship championship" celebration, the parading like assclowns, etc... and the hate is to be expected, but as with anything else, time and winning heals all wounds. There was plenty of reason to believe in them and plenty to doubt them.
+1

Quote:
Anyone who says they absolutely knew this would happen is a pretty shitty NBA observer, unless they also picked D Rose as MVP, Thibs coach of the year, Bulls best record in NBA, Lakers going down in 4, Celtics down in 5, Bulls down in 5 etc...we get all the people coming back out of the wordwork retroactively saying "I told you so" when really, given the unknowns of the situation before and throughout the season, they're condemning their thought process as flawed, to me at least
thats pretty much every fan of any sport, no? obviously there are people, such as yourself and many others on this forum, who put emotions to the side and look at the facts and think about the outcome realistically but a shit load of people start the season off saying "MY TEAM IS GOING TO WIN IT ALL" then when everyone tries to bring them down and their team actually wins it, all there is to say is "i told you so."
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #281
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
From a pure talent perspective, LBJ is better than MJ. He's just simply bigger, faster, stronger, better.
i would disagree with you here
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #282
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
thats pretty much every fan of any sport, no? obviously there are people, such as yourself and many others on this forum, who put emotions to the side and look at the facts and think about the outcome realistically but a shit load of people start the season off saying "MY TEAM IS GOING TO WIN IT ALL" then when everyone tries to bring them down and their team actually wins it, all there is to say is "i told you so."
Well yes and no. In the NBA, dynasties can definitely exist - Lakers, Spurs, Bulls of recent past. Coming out at the beginning of the season and declaring a favorite in these instances, and being able to back up is one thing. However, those automatically crowning the Heat, or anyone else, after this off season and free agency period, with so much unknown, were just ignorant and short sighted. Anyone could see that absolute talent they had, but whether or not they would have the best team was well away from being known. Though I do think they have the best team, they looked far from during the regular season, and in some playoff performances too. Basketball is a sport in which the best team seems to, more often than not, win the title. It's not like NFL where everything rests on a single game, or MLB postseason, where crucial players current "hot" or "cold" streaks could be the difference maker in a relatively short series.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:49 AM   #283
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

true, well said.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 11:51 AM   #284
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
i would disagree with you here
Then tell me why. I agree with Adrean8j that it's difficult and fruitless to compare players across genres, but if anything, LJ is capable of everything MJ was on defense, and even more than he was on offense. Factor in LJ's superior physique, and it isn't hard for me to see which player is better. I definitely like Michael better as a player, but I don't think he's more capable and don't have any reason to. Keep in mind it took a while for the Bulls to assemble the talent around MJ that he required to win championships as well - he was far from doing it on his own.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #285
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1. Lebron DID quit in that game.
2. That does make Lebron a quitter. Refer to my previous LBJ comments.
3. LBJ has become the leader on this team, Wade is 1B.
4. Show me where I compared him to MJ. FWIW, the one person that did, knows Jordan, and won 6 rings with Jordan. He's pretty qualified to talk about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #286
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
What is it with some of the Florida peeps in here? LOL..my best friend is from South Florida and he isn't like this...sigh....Did you even READ my entire post? I quoted TWO people and addressed both.....and then people wonder why I talk to them like idiots(not saying you are but damn man...reaaaaad...LOL ).

BTW the one person that did say that about LBJ and Jordan, being Scottie Pippin, has always been bitter that Jordan got the spotlight and not him...he also is broke and had to be given a job as the Bulls "ambassador"(like the Bulls need one?)...so considering his previous questionable decision making skill I take his opinion with a grain of salt. Now if Phil Jackson said it...or Greg Popovich....now then I would take note.
To be honest LBJ and Wade are co-leaders....LBJ is like the leader in training...LOL. It is not completely HIS team yet....
Appreciate 0