E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > JSK coilovers

04-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
diplomat128
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

JSK coilovers

Hello all,

My 335i kind of looks ridiculous because the nose is higher than the back. I have a 335i (non XDrive) on stock sport suspension and I would like my car to have some rake (face down, arse up) and I don't think it would be a good idea (correct me if I'm wrong) to install H&R sport springs because my car has around 42k miles and my stock shocks wouldn't last long.

Keep in mind I do not track my car (daily driven, some spirited driving, MIGHT try taking it for some friendly laps this summer for the first time) and am a poor student. I'm thinking my rear shocks might be bad since my car is lower in the back and it might be a good idea to change the whole setup but I don't want to spend 1K on parts alone. I am in mostly for looks.

I read a thread here about someone with Raceland coilovers (absolute cheapest coilovers for our cars AFAIK) and he mentionned there was a strange noise that went away after 1 mile. I absolutely want to avoid this as it would drive me nuts. What I'd like to know is what you guys think of JSK coilovers they don't seem too low end and they're not overkill with tons of adjustments and insane settings that I probably will never truely take advantage of. I just want some decent coilovers to keep the performance the same (or slightly better) and lower mostly the front of my car. I want something reliable and I am wondering if anyone here runs JSKs and might be able to answer my questions.

FYI they are 700$ or best offer with free shipping on eBay.

Sorry for long thread

Tl;dr are jsk's decent?
      04-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
i dont think people have ran them yet. try them out and tell us how they are.

someone on this forum has 350 dollar coilovers
Appreciate 0