F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Gears "click"
GetBMWParts

09-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Randar
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328IX Touring

Question Gears "click"

I just picked up a CPO 2009 BMW 328 IX Touring from BMW Toronto. I was extremely happy to get it with the manual 6 speed, but I do have one issue with it. It may be hard to describe, but it almost feels like it "clicks" when it goes into gear. It's not audible, but more how it feels, almost like it a really big bendie straw. It's like as you move past the center point, it sort of grabs and then clicks before it gets fully into the gate and only once per gear change, not repeated clicks. Seems a bit harder in 2nd and 4th than 1st and 3rd, 5th and 6th seem fine but it may be my imagination. I don't have another e90 to compare it to for me to say if this is typical or not. I had a 2001 e46 330CI and it didn't behave like this, nor any other manual I have owned. Before I picked it up, I made sure BMW looked at it and they said nothing was wrong. The car still has a bit of factory warranty on it, so I could push for it to be "fixed", but I'm not even sure I have a problem. The car only has 23,000 KM on it, so it's quite new. The only reason I even felt comfortable buying it was the low KM and the CPO covers the transmission up to 160K and that I absolutely love everything else about the car.

Is this normal for a e91?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 02:13 AM   #2
carshen
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i2

Hello

I am new here. Its my first time here and hope i will be here for long time.i think in the beginning you have to face lot of problems because you are habitual with your old one.when we purchase a new its feel a little bit of uncomfortable but as soon you will feel so comfortable with it.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I just picked up a CPO 2009 BMW 328 IX Touring from BMW Toronto. I was extremely happy to get it with the manual 6 speed, but I do have one issue with it. It may be hard to describe, but it almost feels like it "clicks" when it goes into gear. It's not audible, but more how it feels, almost like it a really big bendie straw. It's like as you move past the center point, it sort of grabs and then clicks before it gets fully into the gate and only once per gear change, not repeated clicks. Seems a bit harder in 2nd and 4th than 1st and 3rd, 5th and 6th seem fine but it may be my imagination. I don't have another e90 to compare it to for me to say if this is typical or not. I had a 2001 e46 330CI and it didn't behave like this, nor any other manual I have owned. Before I picked it up, I made sure BMW looked at it and they said nothing was wrong. The car still has a bit of factory warranty on it, so I could push for it to be "fixed", but I'm not even sure I have a problem. The car only has 23,000 KM on it, so it's quite new. The only reason I even felt comfortable buying it was the low KM and the CPO covers the transmission up to 160K and that I absolutely love everything else about the car.

Just try to find another e91 at a used car dealer and test drive it. There must be tons in TO.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

http://www.okazii.ro/catalog/5562706...w.html#galerie

this could be your problem!! i dont know how it's called in english!!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #5
Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep
Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanu1 View Post
http://www.okazii.ro/catalog/5562706...w.html#galerie

this could be your problem!! i dont know how it's called in english!!
Pe engleza ii zice Flex disc sau Guibo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post

If it is the Flex disc/guibo and your car is still under warranty i would try another dealer with the same complaint, see if they find something.
Appreciate 0