E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2006 E90--Check Engine Light Problems & Parking and Drive Issues

07-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Bimm3
Get in the Bimm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i - being modified

2006 E90--Check Engine Light Problems & Parking and Drive Issues

Hey E90 Posters,

Love this site. I always get the help I need and better info than any service advisor at BMW :P

I have two problems:

1) The other day while I was driving and talking on the phone, I went up a curb at about 7mph. Right after that my Check Engine Light came on. I looked under the vehicle and at the bumper, tires, etc... and nothing seemed abnormal.

I have driven it up speed bumps and what not to see if I would hear any noises and nothing...

The light came on and stayed on for a day and a half and turned off. after 2 days it came back on.

This is strange because I had my engine serviced the week before and fixed. Any comments or possible diagnostics?

2) Whenever I have my e90 parked and rotate the steering wheel to each end I always hear a noise as if something wasn't lubed properly.

whenever I put it in Park after being in Drive the car moves slightly forward and stops and I hear a metal clink. If I put it in drive again it kinda forces itself forward a bit and if I put it in park once again the same issue happens.

Would I need soemthing lubed or anything

It is a CPO and I wonder if any of this is covered on my warranty...

Thanks guys so much and have a happy 4th of July weekend!

-Felipe
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
kyo21
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Technical

Its normal for the car to roll forward a little bit when placed in park, so is the lurching if you didn't turn off the car. It's all due to a small tab in the transmission that will hold the gears in place to prevent the car from rolling down a hill.

As for the engine light, it can be quite a few things and pulling the code would be the best option. You can take it to a dealer (in canada it's about $50-$100) or you can buy something like an innova and pull the codes yourself. (since all cars after 1996 are OBDII)

PS: I'm actually a SA. lol
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
CarForHire
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow in the left lane.

Garage List
2007 E90 328i  [0.00]
Use your hand-brake before letting go of the brakes or before shifting into park, it's better.
      07-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
Bimm3
Get in the Bimm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i - being modified

Haha thanks guys

I usually do pull the hand brake before doing those... but it seems strange with me since every other BMW 3 series that I drive doesnt have that problem.

***hee hee I mean SA's in Dallas :P not in general

Any input on the noises I hear when turning the wheel to each (right & left) end?
Appreciate 0