E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > I keep getting check engine symbol in yellow and "service engine soon" yellow light

06-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
tlerwane
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2001 BMW 325i

I keep getting check engine symbol in yellow and "service engine soon" yellow light

2007 BMW 335i Sedan Automatic

I got a check engine light symbol in yellow a couple times in the last week or 2 and it goes away and now I got "service engine soon" light that also went away. I've ran code with and without the service lights on and no codes came up. No stored codes. I've been all around town and eventually went to a real shop for a diagnostic test done and even they couldn't find any codes when they checked code on everything (engine, transmission, etc). I believe when the check engine light symbol came on in yellow, my turbos shut off I'm pretty sure. Seemed to have less power IMO but I might be mistaken. That symbol disappears when car resets and it hasn't came back ever since I got the "service engine soon" light that eventually went away. And no, I don't think the HPFP went bad. No rough conditions or anything and my car drives just fine with no power loss as of right now and within the last 3 days or so. The previous owner told me that he got those service lights also a few times but they told him it was probably a loose gas cap after finding nothing. I happened to have an extra BMW gas cap so I replaced the old one with a new one since I had one at disposal and that didn't seem to fix anything. Could it be some kind of vacuum leak somewhere? Do I need to go to an actual BMW dealership or will the same thing happen there where they can't find anything? As of now, there are no service lights on but they come on randomly. Any info would be nice.. Thanks
Appreciate 0