F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > BMW 3 Series GT Looking Sleeker With Less Camo (Not 4 Series Gran Coupe)
ARMA SPEED

07-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #89
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

I got it!

Mystery solved!

It's a Mercedes CLA disguised to look like a.......

BMW!!!

Damn those Germans are good with camo!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #90
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Normally it is not too long since initial Spy photographs that the renders of "What Could Be?" begin to appear.
Now that the 4er Gran Coupe has begun public testing the first (of possible many) renders have appeared via auto media site TopSpeed.com.

Normally I only post renders that have a fair amount of accuracy in them and here they managed to uncover some of the camouflage to show you what is actually going on underneath.
Like both the 4er Coupe and Cabrio, underneath the camouflage lies vacumed plastic panels and foam stuck to the body to give it a very bulky appearance.
It is very clever because it changes the perceptions of the car from a viewers stand point.

Here they have managed to uncover the c-pillar details in otherwords - 4er Gran Coupe is a four door with conventional trunk and as BMW have stated that extra glass after the initial rear door opening , prolongs the car and increases the proportions making it look longer. Which is why they do not use that on four door models. Another reason is that the elegance of the hofmeister as part of the actual opening lends a more substantial grace and overall classic BMW appearance.

The render shows what to expect underneath the camouflage but some of the initial details such as the rear lights are far from original.
The overall look is more grand and sportier than the F30.

The 6er Gran Coupe is apparently off to a great start , even though it is late to the party hence why BMW are investing in a downsized version to capture the market that want luxury concepts but in a more compact and price-effective package.
The 4er Gran Coupe will follow the same philosophy as the 6er Gran Coupe and bring that feeling of special luxury with a sporting dynamic edge to the mid-class just as the X4 will bring the attributes of the X6 to a wider audience.

Although late to the party with the Gran Coupe, BMW will be one of the first with the 4er Gran Coupe.

Acknowledgement to TopSpeed.com
Attached Images

07-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #91
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

so we expect the 4er to have a taillights that resemble the 6er's? just like the 3er taillights resemble the 5er's?
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #92
Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

For me the spied car clearly is an hatchback ... so I think the mistake was to put the F34 GT in the 3er range, simply because the car is planed as 4er model -> F34 4er GT an car that is an direct follower of the Audi A5 Sportback marketing point of view.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #93
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli_HH View Post
For me the spied car clearly is an hatchback ... so I think the mistake was to put the F34 GT in the 3er range, simply because the car is planed as 4er model -> F34 4er GT an car that is an direct follower of the Audi A5 Sportback marketing point of view.
It's definitely a four door and with a conventional trunk , look at how the 6er/6er Gran Coupe has a very short overhang at the rear. Same goes for the CS Concept Car the roofline indicated it was a hatch when it was actually a four door.
Hopefully BimmerPosts photographers are willing to put their lives on the line to get close and capture for the world to see the fake door line and pillar which disguises the cars true look.
Two hatches do not make sense especially with the GT on board.