E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > New found SES light Information

11-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
jdcoupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Coupe

New found SES light Information

So i'm not sure how correct this information is but this is what I found out:

My SES light came on and the codes stated that it was a DMTL issue. What had happen was I tried to take off, forgetting that the E/parking brake was on. As I tried to take off from a stand still my car died. I have a manual transmission. Thats when the SES light came on. After conferring with my Bimmer Mech, we cleared the code and reproduced it by trying to take off with the E/parking brake on, and again the car died and SES light came on with the same code. When this happens, the DMTL Pump doesn't fully pressurize, thus causing the SES light to come on and it makes the computer think that there is a DMTL failure.

Hope this helps anyone that may be having a DMTL issue. Oh and by the way, my Bimmer Mech ran a DMTL test to make sure it was OK, and yup, it was good to go.
Appreciate 0