F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Bmw Waht R U Doin
Studio RSR

10-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #23
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
Where it was cool and unique to see a 5 or 3 series wagon in Europe, this is just plain heresy.
Thing is, it really isn't cool or unique to see a wagon here, they are everywhere. Hell, I've had a couple of BMW wagons and even I don't much like them!

Besides that, the GT's vs. the Wagons thing is a matter of needs as much as aesthetic tastes... the tourers offer no extra space for rear seat passengers compared to the saloon, where as the GT's do, as well as having a greater luggage capacity. Personally I don't give a damn if my bike, or my camping gear, is comfortable in the boot/trunk.. but I do care if I'm taking the folks out to dinner, that they are comfortable in the back seat.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #24
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski View Post
Agree the 3GT here in space greyish colour looks pretty good actually. See your point on the space factors, hard to design a car around it without being that big in the back, so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE

Garage List
Looks like Pontiac was ahead of the game!
Attached Images

Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #26
BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

They look like rolling (expensive) eggs.
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
fndrsn
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Nothing...yet!

I actually love the GTs. First time I saw an F07 in pics yes it was ugly but seeing it at a dealer and bringing back a brochure I think it's a decently handsome car (except in Msport, why...just why?) The 3GT really shocked me by how much I liked it when I first saw it at the dealer, I think it's what the F07 always should have been in terms of proportions. The weakest looking BMWs currently are the X1 and X3 imo, and the non Msport F32/33
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Quote:

All the cars in this picture look gorgeous, I agree the GT's look much better in dark colors rather than lighter ones. All BMW should do to improve the looks of the F07 is lower the roofline by 4" (to make it same height as F10) and lower the rear a little. Then it would just look like a 5er fastback with 7 Series internals. Honestly, many have said that it is basically a 7er for the price of a 5er, which it makes it a damn good deal.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #29
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4RIDER
They look like rolling (expensive) eggs.
:

So the 3GT is considered not as ugly as the 5GT, which uumm I suppose is a compliment. http://www.carthrottle.com/oh-look-b...o-3-series-gt/" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.carthrott...series-gt/</a>" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...es-gt/</a></a>

And the 5GT has been admitted by BMW executives to have been a failure and mistake. But what the hell, keep pushing the marketing and some on is bound to by into one.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11105233...ally-a-mistake" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.worldcarf...-a-mistake</a>" rel="" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://<a href="http...istake</a></a>
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #30
AlteredBe4st
First Pride
Rep
Drives: M4

6 series grand is the only one I like, the rest reminds me of the honda cross tour
      10-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #31
Digger
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i Grand Turismo

I have owned the 550GT now for three and half years. It is the most practical car with the ride of a 7 series (that I owned previously.) More interior spaciousness than anyone could want or need. The look is a bit different but the dual opening trunk and fold down seats makes it so universal. This week I will be ordering a 2014 Grand Coupe. Hope I will be able to have as much good to say about the GC as the GT!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #32
bkM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 M3 Vert 6MT Carbon/Black

i find the 4 series GC hilarious. who would pay that premium for a 3 series sedan? its the same damn car!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #33
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
6 series grand is the only one I like, the rest reminds me of the honda cross tour
The X6 paved the way for the Crosstour and the ZDX. That niche market was established by BMW and continues to grow popular more each day with other manufacturers and consumers alike.
      10-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
The X6 paved the way for the Crosstour and the ZDX. That niche market was established by BMW and continues to grow popular more each day with other manufacturers and consumers alike.
Hopefully one day they all combust spontaneously with the passengers locked inside and someone is there to video it, so I may delightfully enjoy it on YouTube
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #35
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Thing is, it really isn't cool or unique to see a wagon here, they are everywhere. Hell, I've had a couple of BMW wagons and even I don't much like them!

Besides that, the GT's vs. the Wagons thing is a matter of needs as much as aesthetic tastes... the tourers offer no extra space for rear seat passengers compared to the saloon, where as the GT's do, as well as having a greater luggage capacity. Personally I don't give a damn if my bike, or my camping gear, is comfortable in the boot/trunk.. but I do care if I'm taking the folks out to dinner, that they are comfortable in the back seat.
I don't give a shit about passengers.

I want a sedan but with more trunk space. If people can survive in the 3er sedan's back, they'll survive in the touring's back.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #36
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
Hopefully one day they all combust spontaneously with the passengers locked inside and someone is there to video it, so I may delightfully enjoy it on YouTube
Lol, I hope that doesn't happen before I get one for myself in a few years. Then at least I get to enjoy it before there all gone!

If it happens while I have one, ... well hey, I had a good run, lol
      11-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #37
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
I don't give a shit about passengers.

I want a sedan but with more trunk space. If people can survive in the 3er sedan's back, they'll survive in the touring's back.
Fine, that's what you 'want', passenger comfort is not a priority for you, trunk space is... so what's the problem with the GT? It's a sedan with more trunk space and bigger trunk aperture - more so than the sedan or the touring. It is the most practical 3 series there is.

I'm guessing you will say but it's ugly, that's fine, it's a subjective opinion.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #38
amf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i sport

Quote:
exactly what i think when looking at the GT's
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #39
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

i agree 5 gt is ugly , but the rest are really nice
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #40
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
too far ahead of it's time. wooohoooo.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #41
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
That's the only one that makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #42
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

The four cars pictured above represent a customer , a customer who seeks something different , individuality , flexibility but they also want a car that will reward them behind the wheel , provide them with luxury and be desirable.

The above cars do not sell in high numbers , they are not supposed to. Each of these models are specific niche models. Models that account for 10% of their respective model line. They are not volume models.
And guess what there is no odd one out.

Each vehicle is selling at its specific targets and three of them exceed that 10% , one is not even a year old but has already under a few thousand sales since its launch in June.
It is accurate that their success is not exclusive to North America but other global markets BMW are present in. All four vehicles fall from existing architecture or in the case of three and its upcoming successor a central backbone which allows modular sections to determine each concept.
All four are high profit vehicles.

To understand that each vehicle represents a customer check the individual forums for each of these models to understand why customers chose these vehicles. They may be pointless to most of you.
But you can see the evidence that each of these vehicles DO appeal to customers and that each concept meets their requirements but still allows them to drive a BMW.

There will be more niche models in 2014. The BMW X4 , BMW 2er Active Tourer and BMW 4er Gran Coupe will be launched on to the market along with a new BMW X6. Models that will customers will surely find the exclusivity and desirability of these models appealing.
      11-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #43
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The above cars do not sell in high numbers , they are not supposed to. Each of these models are specific niche models. Models that account for 10% of their respective model line. They are not volume models.
So where is the Z4 M? Why BMW builds low volume cars like 5GT and 3GT, while low volume performance oriented cars like Z4 M don't get green light?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2013, 06:28 AM   #44
RingMeister01
Croatian
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
So where is the Z4 M? Why BMW builds low volume cars like 5GT and 3GT, while low volume performance oriented cars like Z4 M don't get green light?
The current CEO openly does not like sports cars, for what ever reason. BMW is now appealing to a different demographic than say 10-15 years past. It's about broadening the model line up and being more than just The Ultimate Driving Machine but The Ultimate Cash Machine. Thus the POS, ugly elephant, obese Aztec looking, needs to be crashed into a nuclear reactor and forgotten GT.

Yuk yuk yuk I'm going to pee on the very next GT I see.

If you want comfort buy a couch, work from home and order everything online.
Looking for an SUV
Appreciate 0