E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Experience with vendor Tirerack

11-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #23
335i-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSe92 View Post
^ Bob Jane can only price match, if the tyres are bought from Michelin Australia.

There are some sizes for PSS that aren't available from Mich AUS, however we can always get them from another supplier.

I'm not sure we can price match to tire rack but I will double check with my manager.
That's not what the 1er guys have experienced.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...606023&page=23 (See posts #884 to #901)

In their experience Bob Jane franchisees have matched domestic advertised prices for Michelin PSS even from Tempe who are known for their grey imports. Jaffa12 had his quote from Tirerack matched by Bob Jane.

I am not throwing stones here. I don't need tyres. It would be great though if we could support local businesses and get tyres almost straight away instead of buying internationally. Then you have to wait for the tyres to be delivered, then take them along with your car to a tyre place that you didn't buy the tyres from to get them fitted all for the same cheap price you get them from Tirerack and other international sellers.

Maybe you could speak to your manager and organise a deal for forum members.
2008 E92 335i M-Sport | Sapphire Black | Sunroof | Creme Beige | Poplar Grey | Logic 7 | 6AT | 19" AG M359's | Michelin PS4S | LUX V3 | MHD V5 E40 | Steve AZ Walbro inline | Vishnu DCI | BMS CP | AR Design Catless DP's | Forge DV's | Helix IC | (Stock Cat. back) |
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #24
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i-boy View Post
That's not what the 1er guys have experienced.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...606023&page=23 (See posts #884 to #901)

In their experience Bob Jane franchisees have matched domestic advertised prices for Michelin PSS even from Tempe who are known for their grey imports. Jaffa12 had his quote from Tirerack matched by Bob Jane.

I am not throwing stones here. I don't need tyres. It would be great though if we could support local businesses and get tyres almost straight away instead of buying internationally. Then you have to wait for the tyres to be delivered, then take them along with your car to a tyre place that you didn't buy the tyres from to get them fitted all for the same cheap price you get them from Tirerack and other international sellers.

Maybe you could speak to your manager and organise a deal for forum members.
Yes, that is what I did for Chensta, matched it to tempe tyres and beat it by 10% of the difference of our retail to tempes retail. We will beat anyones price as long as it is the exact same tyre and we can confirm the price they quoted the customer either by phone or online.

I spoke with the manager and the most likely case for jaffa on the 1er forum, is Bob Jane matched it to the lowest competitor ( most likely tempe, st george or whoever ) which is still cheaper than tire rack + freight. Or it would have been a franchise store ( owned by a owner ) because I work at a corp store ( owned by the bob jane corporation ) and we are not allowed to price match international competition as our head office checks all the BTPGs ( Best tyre price guaranteed )

If people on the forum need tyres they can PM me and I will do my best to help them out!
Appreciate 0