E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What to mod on leased 2010 328i couple?

04-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
jocamryn
Major
Rep
Drives: '23X4 M40i/'24 X2(In Transit)

That's the answer for anyone who really CAN'T afford a BMW.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgcdude1 View Post
Try BMW select, the advantage of a low lease payment with the pride of (pretending) ownership. Check it out online at bmwusa. It's actually looks really good.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #24
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgcdude1 View Post
Try BMW select, the advantage of a low lease payment with the pride of ownership. Check it out online at bmwusa. It's actually looks really good.
Pride of ownership? As if owning a depreciating asset is something to be proud of, lol. Lots of people that understand the benefits of leasing are just fine having the only set of keys to a car that BMWFS owns, myself included.

That pride of ownership comes with the responsibility of ownership as well. If the car is wrecked or tanks in value and is worth less than the balloon, you're writing a check out of pocket for the difference. And the payments are going to be considerably higher and/or for a longer terms.

Maybe someday we'll be able to have a thread relating to leasing without all the drivel about how "stupid" it is.

Modding a leased car is fine as long as it can be easily reverted back to stock and you're willing to do so at the end of the term. Just consider all the factors and do the math before you do so.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #25
Shadowstyle
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 White/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
Pride of ownership? As if owning a depreciating asset is something to be proud of, lol. Lots of people that understand the benefits of leasing are just fine having the only set of keys to a car that BMWFS owns, myself included.

That pride of ownership comes with the responsibility of ownership as well. If the car is wrecked or tanks in value and is worth less than the balloon, you're writing a check out of pocket for the difference. And the payments are going to be considerably higher and/or for a longer terms.

Maybe someday we'll be able to have a thread relating to leasing without all the drivel about how "stupid" it is.

Modding a leased car is fine as long as it can be easily reverted back to stock and you're willing to do so at the end of the term. Just consider all the factors and do the math before you do so.
you are a gentleman and a scholar
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #26
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:

Big +1, exactly what I was going to say. Great advice.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #27
Yay-Z
Shifting to Top Gear
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/E70 X5

Quote:

+1 great post
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #28
PoorMan
Hello my name is...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
I never understand why people would waste money modding a lease car and then have to part out at the end of the lease. It's so stupid let alone waste of money as used parts are worth a fraction of the original price.

If I were to lease a car, I would put in the least amount of options I can live with (e.g., AT). Anything else will only add up to the cost of the lease.

My rule of thumb: If you don't own it and/or if you can't afford it, don't mod it.
Too true...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #29
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

mod it up and part it upon return!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
StealthMotoring
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Try an intake and muffler delete. You will enjoy the sound and throttle response!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 10:56 PM   #31
baticubukcu
BatiCubukcu
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i coupe

Thanks for the advice guys i appreciate your time. Im deciding between a 335i and the 328i and i am going to mod whatever it is i get i was just wondering if there were companies i should be on the look out on for mods that dont cost much
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #32
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

You have to pay to play with BMWs.

BTW there really aren't any serious performance mods for the N52 (328i)

Well there are but it's only recommended if you own the car and are out of warranty.

-Three Stage Intake Manifold Swap and a Gintini 330i conversion flash (Huge power gains)
-aFe Intake
-Search for exhaust
-If you have 6MT BMS Clutch Delay Valve
-lighter wheels/ get rid of run flats
-weight savings
-Angels
-M-tech aero kit
-H&R springs
-BMS Powerbox (Cheap easy gains)

There are a bunch of goodies, but it is expensive!
Appreciate 0