E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Any DP Fix for N55

11-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #23
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92 M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsoboti View Post
You'll need the one of the right to fit on an E92

http://www.outmotoring.com/mini-cat-...or-spacer.html
Did that one work for you? Would I just plug that in, put JB4 on map 0, drive around, then get emissions done? I think I saw a thread where you said you used it, but I think you were using it with Cobb Tune.
I haven't had an emissions test since the instal however yes, it fits my E92.

Clear the codes on the JB4, set to map 0 and drive slowly to the testing facility.

I'm running JB4
JB4 G5 ISO FF | BMS Performance Intake | BMS Wheel Spacers | VRSF Catless DP | Red CYBA Scoops | Supreme Power Lowering Perches | VRSF Charge Pipe | VMR 810 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET33 | Michelin PSS 235/265 | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | 4'' Tips
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #24
4lss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

Man if that works for me I'll be one happy camper. I swapped the DP by myself using jack stands and hand tools. It was not fun. Really not looking forward to swap the stock one for emissions. Thanks for the tip, I'll be trying that when the time comes.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #25
Mbrown335i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Msport

Garage List
2011 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.a.r.k.u.s
I consider the mini cat I run a dp fix. The o2 sensors reach readiness state and the ses light doesn't come ever when driving normal. Even if I drive my car hard, it takes a good 150 miles before it comes on.
Still driving good with the minicat? I installed a DP as my only mod so far and the car idles a bit weird when idling for a little, idle fluctuates then sometimes stalls. Im curious as if this will help that a little
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #26
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrown335i
Quote:
I consider the mini cat I run a dp fix. The o2 sensors reach readiness state and the ses light doesn't come ever when driving normal. Even if I drive my car hard, it takes a good 150 miles before it comes on.
Still driving good with the minicat? I installed a DP as my only mod so far and the car idles a bit weird when idling for a little, idle fluctuates then sometimes stalls. Im curious as if this will help that a little
Do you have the 02 sensors on the appropriate hole? Also make sure you only have a spacer/minicat on the downstream 02 sensor, not both
JB4 G5 ISO FF | BMS Performance Intake | BMS Wheel Spacers | VRSF Catless DP | Red CYBA Scoops | Supreme Power Lowering Perches | VRSF Charge Pipe | VMR 810 19x8.5 ET35 19x9.5 ET33 | Michelin PSS 235/265 | BMS CDV | BMS Clutch Stop | 4'' Tips
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #27
Mbrown335i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsoboti
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have the 02 sensors on the appropriate hole? Also make sure you only have a spacer/minicat on the downstream 02 sensor, not both
Yes im sure i have the post cat o2 in the correct spot and i understand that it only needs the spacer for the second 02. I actually work at a bmw dealership im thinking about clearing ecu adaptations and seeing if it will help.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 08:28 AM   #28
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes im sure i have the post cat o2 in the correct spot and i understand that it only needs the spacer for the second 02. I actually work at a bmw dealership im thinking about clearing ecu adaptations and seeing if it will help.
Oh lol didn't realize that. I'm sure you have the DME updated then right?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #29
Mbrown335i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335I  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No i did not program my car to the latest software, i will try this maybe this weekend tho because there is a sib for unfavorable DME software causing idle surges on cold starts
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #30
Jsoboti
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No i did not program my car to the latest software, i will try this maybe this weekend tho because there is a sib for unfavorable DME software causing idle surges on cold starts
Getting the DME updated helped me out a great deal, give it a shot
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #31
Mbrown335i
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335I  [0.00]
So i got around to program and encode my car today. Seems that it helped alot! The car had software from the factory in 2010 definitely feels better now!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 10:31 PM   #32
rhm135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrown335i View Post
So i got around to program and encode my car today. Seems that it helped alot! The car had software from the factory in 2010 definitely feels better now!
Interesting. I will have to try this tomorrow and see what happens.