E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Upgraded front bumper/lip for '06 e91 - at your mercy here! Please help!

08-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
Bimmer_Dan84
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 320d

Upgraded front bumper/lip for '06 e91 - at your mercy here! Please help!

Hey folks,

Bit new to this, so apologies if i'm posting in the wrong section etc.

I'm being forced to let go of my lovely z4 (polished and gleaming in my garage, waiting to be sold) thanks to the recent acquisition of a little golden lab, and the pending arrival of my first child! But priorities, if i'm going down i'm going down fighting so in the face of estate car obscurity I've come through with a lovely '06 e91 which is a fair substitute and one that i'm very happy with.

Nevertheless, beneath the baby books and dog leads beat the heart of a car-loving boy racer so looks are still quite important to me. The e91 is your basic SE model and could do with some nice touches to bring out of its shell.

Luckily the car has some nice big rim's so thats good, and the skirts look good too, but at the front, well, i'm having some difficulties and could do with some advice from some of you very well informed chaps and chapesses.

Basically i don't like the standard front and want a sportier look. Now the cirrent bumper is damaged and would need some repair work (factored into purchase price). Right now i'm battling two options:

1. Repair bumper and fit lip/splitter
2. Replace bumper with m-sport/m3 bumper

Right now i'm stumped and i'm finding it hard to make up my mind.

If anyone could shed some light on what route to go, how much it should cost and any suggestions as to where to source parts both i, my wife, dog and child will be eternally grateful.

Thanks all,

Dan
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Brian mc21
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 320d M Sport

I fitted an m sport bumper to my last SE. I thought it looked a bit high head on but definitely an improvement. Complete bumpers are hard to come by as in lower grills and fogs I got a bargain one at 150 and then 150 to paint so 300 all in. There's are thread ongoing at the mo with a few prices in it if you take a look. Good luck. Another tourer. Yee ha.

RVF400
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
IMO the SE bumper with the Aero lip looks much better than the MSport bumper. That would be a no-brainer for me given those 2 options
      08-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #4
a11y
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: VW T5 Campervan...

Garage List
Welcome and congrats on the pending arrival

I'm a similar situation: car-loving Z4 owner, but pending the arrival of our first child in November I sold my Z4 in May and picked up an e90 replacement (at Kinross auction funnily enough). I didn't want to give up my Z4 but common sense must prevail at times - at least you're heading in a direction looking at e90post

Personal preference but I prefer the M Sport front end over the SE with aero. No idea where you could source one though other than the usual auction sites or possibly on here. Not sure if that breakers yard at Inverkeithing is still there? Might be worth a look.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
Bimmer_Dan84
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 320d

Cheers all,

I've found an m-sport bumper in my colour and it seems easy and cheap enough to source grills, adaptors and fogs so i think that's my route.

I really like the aero but can't find it anywhere, plus i'm not sure how good a job i get repairing the existing bumper anyway.

As far as the z4 goes, she's sitting in my garage tempting me to take her out so i'm burying my head in mods for the e91 to attempt to ignore it. Think i'm going to have to put her up on eBay as i've had no interest in it at all so far. shame, she's so pretty!

thanks again lads, will keep folks updated.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #6
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

I do not think the M3 bumper will fit, as the wings on the M3 are not standard as far as I know.

I have an M Sport E91, with the following style lip on it:

http://parts.ind-distribution.com/ca...1=&Opt2=000111

I think that looks pretty good to be honest.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
It looks brilliant... But not $1000 brilliant!
      08-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

True, can probably source a cheaper version though.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0