F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread
GetBMWParts

07-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #111
lacerdaschoon
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Silva vs Sonnen

I think this is a straight forward fight. If Sonnen can't get Silva down he losses if he can several times he has half a chance. Now Chael has been running his mouth and I have to say I find it entertaining he deffinately has good smack talk. Sonnen says he is bringing something new to MMA.. That being telling the truth. I'm going to question a few of these... He claims Anderson has been ducking him for four years. Only the UFC chooses who the tittle holder fights and there's no choice/opinion excuse to get out of it. Infact u have a better chance to duck a fight if u aren't a champ that happens all the time, as Champ u have no choice, fake an injury and u will find that same number one contender still waiting. Very recently Chael and Anderson were on a phone conferance answering questions. Silva was being rather boring replying yes and no to fans questions about how Chael has been dissing him. Silva had no response and reaction to give. There's no secret that Sonnen dislikes Silva and is trying to get under his skin What I found amusing however was the outburst of frustration and anger from Sonnen in the way Silva doesn't aknowlege Sonnens abusive words. To me it seems Sonnens antics have backfired Silva couldn't care less and that really seemed to piss Chael off. I've heard Chael talk of how he plans to end Silvas 15mins of fame but in truth not many people listened nor knew to much of Sonnen before this tittle fight. He has caught my attention (good on him) but the fact is Silva has been the champ for four years and come August 7th Chael Sonnens 15mins will be up and we all will be hearing... And still the middle weight champion of the world.... Anderson the Spider Silva...

Last edited by lacerdaschoon; 07-29-2010 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 05:09 AM   #112
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacerdaschoon View Post
Silva vs Sonnen

I think this is a straight forward fight. If Sonnen can't get Silva down he losses if he can several times he has half a chance. Now Chael has been running his mouth and I have to say I find it entertaining he deffinately has good smack talk. Sonnen says he is bringing something new to MMA.. That being telling the truth. I'm going to question a few of these... He claims Anderson has been ducking him for four years. Only the UFC chooses who the tittle holder fights and there's no choice/opinion excuse to get out of it. Infact u have a better chance to duck a fight if u aren't a champ that happens all the time, as Champ u have no choice, fake an injury and u will find that same number one contender still waiting. Very recently Chael and Anderson were on a phone conferance answering questions. Silva was being rather boring replying yes and no to fans questions about how Chael has been dissing him. Silva had no response and reaction to give. There's no secret that Sonnen dislikes Silva and is trying to get under his skin What I found amusing however was the outburst of frustration and anger from Sonnen in the way Silva doesn't aknowlege Sonnens abusive words. To me it seems Sonnens antics have backfired Silva couldn't care less and that really seemed to piss Chael off. I've heard Chael talk of how he plans to end Silvas 15mins of fame but in truth not many people listened nor knew to much of Sonnen before this tittle fight. He has caught my attention (good on him) but the fact is Silva has been the champ for four years and come August 7th Chael Sonnens 15mins will be up and we all will be hearing... And still the middle weight champion of the world.... Anderson the Spider Silva...
I have to agree with you on all of these points fellow 1addict. Anderson is a smart competitor, he knows he is not immortal and I think he is onto Sonnen's tactic to try and get under his skin. He is definitely doing well to make nothing of it and let his hands go in the Octagon in due time. It's ironic that Sonnen's tactic has backfired on him. He is obviously frustrated by the whole situation and I think it's going to affect his mentality going into the fight.

The fact of the matter is Anderson has proven himself to be the best in the business at 185. On August 7th he will prove to the world once again why he is the champion. He has not only beaten opponents but he has outclassed every one of them. He makes great fighters look like amateurs and I believe his dancing is all a part of his game plan to throw of his opponents.

MMA is a physical game as well as a mental game which he has mastered quite well. My money is on Silva, not only against Sonnen but against anyone I see in his future at the moment. I don't see any real threat to his belt at 185, I'd be keen to see him step up to 205 which is where I think he belongs.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 07:11 AM   #113
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Anderson is a Joke, Sonnen for president. 2nd round GNP for Chael.

Silva has no plans to move weight, he will retire at 185 like he said because hes a bitch, and doesnt want to get hurt.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 11:11 AM   #114
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post

Silva has no plans to move weight, he will retire at 185 like he said because hes a bitch, and doesnt want to get hurt.

No mma fighter is a bitch, that is just incredibly stupid.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #115
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
I dont call him a bitch for him being a fighter, its how he acts, and he acts like a bitch. Dont get your brain all twisted on what I posted, it wasnt cryptic. If you couldnt see that, your incredibly stupid.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #116
lacerdaschoon
Private
Australia
Rep

And Sonnen is a stand up guy... I think he is semi racist but thats just me..

Anybody see Jones dominate and dissmantle Matysuchenko? UFC have got to give him a real tough opponent now he is just crushing everyone in his path, super impressive i really like that kid
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 09:33 PM   #117
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I dont call him a bitch for him being a fighter, its how he acts, and he acts like a bitch. Dont get your brain all twisted on what I posted, it wasnt cryptic. If you couldnt see that, your incredibly stupid.
Yeah because you really know how he acts. I've met him, few people I know know him. He's not a bitch at all, but if you can be an internet warrior all you want.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #118
Htown09
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

They put bones up against some old Russian guy I have never heard of.

Then he put's him away in less than 2 minutes in the first round.. Ru serious 205 is stacked and there is better opponents out there!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #119
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
That Russian old guy is legacy UFC. He was once pretty good but the game has involved so much since then.

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #120
lacerdaschoon
Private
Australia
Rep

Loved the weigh in, classic Silva
Sunday couldnt come soon enough
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #121
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Silva Best P4P No Doubt

I've purposely avoided this thread because I've been overseas the past couple weeks and have not had a chance to see Fight Night with Bones Jones. Anyways, I had to go onto the UFC website anyway to watch the Countdown and am about to watch the Weigh-ins and saw the result anyway! Do'h

I can't wait to see Silva take on Sonnen. IMHO this will could potentially be one of his most memorable fights. Seriously, what is Sonnen thinking? Who wants to fight a motivated Anderson Silva? He is the real deal, a world-class MMA fighter. So far he has put away all of his Wins with ease. I've seen most of his fights and he's improved so much over the years and I'm sure we will see some new moves from his expanding skill-set during this fight.

This will be a showcase of his talent and skill and I don't see the fight going for very long unless Anderson chooses to humiliate Sonnen and intentionally prolong his beating. And why wouldn't he? IMO Sonnen has made a fool of himself, although I personally enjoy his antics and smacktalk he needs to understand that the fight is now personal and he's going to get owned. Whichever way you look at it, Silva will win. On paper he has better stats and his form has been phemonenal, we are seeing the best Silva we've ever seen.

I believe as MMA fans we are blessed to see such a fighter compete in mixed martial arts today, he is extremely talented and regardless of whether we take a liking to his personality he deserves a great deal of respect for his accomplishments. The only way I see Sonnen winning the fight is if Silva gets DQ for an illegal blow (which is how he lost 1 of his 4 losses on his official record).

I'm saying this now to all the nay-sayers who think Anderson will get KO'd. Sure you might like to see it but the chances of it happening are very slim. Silva is way too talented and a motivated Silva promising to deliver all the goods will destroy Sonnen and never make him want to fight him again.

Let the countdown being, I'm off to watch the weigh-in's. Go Silva!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:32 PM   #122
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

I just saw the weigh ins. There is definitely a lot of built up tension between the 2 fighters and the crowd showed overwhelming favouritsm towards Silva. I think he handled the stare-down really well which I believe is very important for the mentality of the fighter going into the fight. What a champion.

I can't wait to see which weapon he uses to KO Sonnen. The amount of trash Sonnen has been talking he should consider a career in WWE instead.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #123
Htown09
Captain
Rep

Let's see...Silva beat up Dan Henderson..the best wrestler in the division and a better striker than Sonnon...so do you think he will do better?

I say he will try to take The Champ down and might have some success but he will eventually get KO'd.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #124
Htown09
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Why did he move to 205 then to bitch slap griffen and that other big dude.

On a side note, how many Itailian chicks did you bag... so far?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #125
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

holy shit comeback
      08-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #126
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoturboz View Post
holy shit comeback
That was amazing.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 12:04 AM   #127
sb335is
Captain
Rep
Drives: fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
That was amazing.
i dont really have words for that fight.
i left the room i was over watching him get his ass beat for 20+ minutes and my dad just started yelling at me to come in and i caught it just in time.

couldn't believe it
      08-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #128
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Let's see...Silva beat up Dan Henderson..the best wrestler in the division and a better striker than Sonnon...so do you think he will do better?

I say he will try to take The Champ down and might have some success but he will eventually get KO'd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown09 View Post
Why did he move to 205 then to bitch slap griffen and that other big dude.

On a side note, how many Itailian chicks did you bag... so far?

He went up to test the waters, but he doesnt like the talent pool, so he stated HIMSELF, he will retire at 185. That is directly from his mouth. (- the talent pool shit)

Dan Hendo is a great striker, with good wrestling, and not to technical on the ground, as we saw.

Chael Sonnen, IS the best ground game man in the division for strength, technique, ground n pound, bar none. I said that already, or to that affect.

I dont bag Italian chicks, I have been married for 11 years, shes American, were both Military.

Overall I call for immediate rematch, ala Penn/Edgar. Sonnen will not make that mistake again.

And what was with all the bullshit bandwagon fans???????? Pieces of shits dont deserve to be in the arena. Come out Booing Chael on the walkout, Cheering Sonnen. Then, after round two they all start chanting USA USA, fucking bandwagon fagots. Then they go on to chant Sonnens name. I hate all them switchback retards who dont know what the hell is going on so they pick the guy who is popular. Retards all the way.

CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 02:08 AM   #129
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Just WOW!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 02:58 AM   #130
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

How bout that Struve v. Morecraft fight?! That was fucking awesome.
      08-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #131
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Overall I call for immediate rematch, ala Penn/Edgar. Sonnen will not make that mistake again.

And what was with all the bullshit bandwagon fans???????? Pieces of shits dont deserve to be in the arena. Come out Booing Chael on the walkout, Cheering Sonnen. Then, after round two they all start chanting USA USA, fucking bandwagon fagots. Then they go on to chant Sonnens name. I hate all them switchback retards who dont know what the hell is going on so they pick the guy who is popular. Retards all the way.

CHAEL SONNEN is the Mutha Fuggin KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /topic
lol We all wanna see a rematch, if Anderson really had a rib injury it would explain a lot. You could tell something was bothering him as his movement was slow at times.

you cant be mad at the crowd, they flip flop according to the action, been like that for years, will always be like that, deal w/ it

so if Sonnes is a king, what does it make the guy who took everything he had and still couldnt finish him? god?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #132
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambtron View Post
How bout that Struve v. Morecraft fight?! That was fucking awesome.
hell yea! that was incredible

what about good ole Matt freaking Hughes!

much props to Roy Nelson, I never thought he would last of 3 rounds. He gained a lot of respect
Appreciate 0