F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Clutch Cool down Warning?
Studio RSR

10-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #23
Fille
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 520d -15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjornagain View Post
I had it this morning.
Heavy traffic, alot of start and stop for about a hour. Got the message after 45-50 minutes. 6 speed manual, +10 Celsius.

/björn
Really? Where in Sweden was this? In rush hour queues i've never gotten it even when on some serious gridlocks on Essingeleden, and I have the diesel :S
      10-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Perhaps, but 50 minutes of spirited driving should not result in a swanky error.
Oh I agree with you 100% on that.
But it was a combination of spirited driving and then heading straight into the worst traffic I have ever been in. Oh well, BMW's what can we say, they very pedantic but awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #25
Bjornagain
Rep
Drives: F30 320i Alpine MT M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille View Post
Really? Where in Sweden was this? In rush hour queues i've never gotten it even when on some serious gridlocks on Essingeleden, and I have the diesel :S
I came from south going into söderledtunneln and exit at gullmarsplan.

It also had a sticky smell sort of. So im sure something happened and that it was not just a system warning. Will def report it to my salesman.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #26
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Umm, Have you ever been in South Africa?
Trust me when you have our taxi's and other idiotic drivers on the road to contend with, you do have to ride the poor clutch...
Cars are cars. Bad traffic is bad traffic. You still have control over your car.

"Driving like a bit of a lunatic" as you state in your first post is your choice, not the fault of others.

There is never any reason to ride the clutch.

Push the pedal back to the floor immediately once the car is moving the speed you need. Otherwise, release it entirely. Never ride the clutch with the pedal partially depressed.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2013, 02:21 AM   #27
Avian
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2020 F44 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
Cars are cars. Bad traffic is bad traffic. You still have control over your car.

"Driving like a bit of a lunatic" as you state in your first post is your choice, not the fault of others.

There is never any reason to ride the clutch.

Push the pedal back to the floor immediately once the car is moving the speed you need. Otherwise, release it entirely. Never ride the clutch with the pedal partially depressed.
Okay well you come to S.A Mr know it all and lets see how you drive in a manual.
I didn't post this to be ridiculed, it's for information purposes only, if you have a problem with that you have no place on my thread.
And no one was blaming anyone for spirited driving maybe if you properly before commenting then your comment would have a ground to stand on but not in this case.
Further more you condescension behind your comment of "You still have control over your car". I'm not 3 years old, I know how to drive just like everyone else on this forum. So please take your condescension else where as it's not appreciated here.
Appreciate 0