BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #23
mzman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E82, 95 M3, 99 MRoad, 88 944TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I've never seen "real" distilled water at grocery stores where I shop, but it makes more sense at cvs. I've looked for it, but it's always "purified" and I've even seen some marketed as "distilled" and in small letters at the bottom it says "minerals added" or something like that. I'll look out for it. Id imagine it would have to say something about not being intended for consumption on it. Thanks Matt!

Edit - Been looking it up more as I'm waiting for my flight.. Places like sans club and Walmart sell the real distilled water, but anywhere between $7-12 per gallon jug. NOT the $1/gallon regular drinking water that's sometimes sold as "distilled". I got 4 gallons of boost juice for $35 shipped, so that still seems to be the most cost effective method, and if I want more meth, I can buy it separately and mix (I guess anti freeze, or any possible other sources ??).

Thank you to everyone!
I think your are just mistyping but since you have said it twice in this thread I just wanted to clarify that you do NOT want anti freeze. You want -20 or colder rated windshield washer fluid.

As far as what meth solution to use that is the method that I have used with excellent results. I've looked up the MSDS sheets on all of the locally available -20 WW fluid and found which ones only list methanol and water and dye as the only ingredients. I'm not concerned with the dye because even boost juice uses trace amounts of dye.

I grab a bottle of AutoZone valuecraft -20 windshield washer fluid and add 1 yellow bottle of HEET to bring it up ~39.5% meth/water.

Last edited by mzman; 08-08-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #24
135er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

i put -40 windshield washer and i add 3-4 bottles of heet. No clue of my exact mixture but it seems to work great.
Appreciate 0