E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Godspeed intercooler.. I need honest reviews

08-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
az335idesi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Godspeed intercooler.. I need honest reviews

I am thinking about buying a godspeed intercooler. But i want to know how they are. I tried to search the site, but every post turned into arguments. So i would like an opninion from someone who owns/has owned a godspeed intercooler. Also i would be getting the new batch which is the 4" one.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
medvec04
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 silver 335i sedan

I've had a Godspeed on my last car it worked fine for what I paid for it. I saw it for our cars but I haven't seen anybody using them tho. I curious to see how good they work on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

better than stock for sure ... probably not as good as the rest of the ic available.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 04:35 AM   #4
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvec04 View Post
I've had a Godspeed on my last car it worked fine for what I paid for it. I saw it for our cars but I haven't seen anybody using them tho. I curious to see how good they work on our cars.
do you have a IAT log before and after installation ?

just to check the temperatures and if the IC work fine.
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Godspeed = CX racing = same shit ! I just bought Godspeed and looks really well made, just like any other fmic out there

( Traded my HPF to save $500 and have the same results ) =]
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

an intercooler is an intercool tbh, unless your tracking hard you will hardly see the difference between most. I have the cxracing on my n55 and the car pulls so hard
      08-31-2011, 06:20 PM   #7
medvec04
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 silver 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
do you have a IAT log before and after installation ?

just to check the temperatures and if the IC work fine.
no i dont sorry the last car i had was a integra and it wasnt boosted, then i got a turbo kit and put everything on at the same time. but i think that im just gonna get a godspeed one for my 335 now cause i dont plan on taking my car to the track numerous time, just trying to get more power for my daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoniumTans View Post
Godspeed = CX racing = same shit ! I just bought Godspeed and looks really well made, just like any other fmic out there

( Traded my HPF to save $500 and have the same results ) =]
Godspeed and CX Racing are not the same shit.

I suggest you do some additional research before making comments that are inaccurate. CX just became a forum vendor as well and is offering some killer GB's right now.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post

I suggest you do some additional research before making comments that are inaccurate. CX just became a forum vendor as well and is offering some killer GB's right now.
+1 Thanks for clearing that up....

Godspeed and CX Racing are NOT the same...Godspeed is the same as X02 (same intercooler but different names)

Like everyone says...the intercooler will work better than your stock one but no guarantees that it will be close to as efficient as some of the other options out here..

I think the Godspeed can hold boost up to 15-16 psi with no problems...Dont quote me on it but its something like that...if you want some more info (really good logs and info) find the thread by M3EATER he has done some pretty significant testing on the Godspeed FMIC for the community..at least more than anyone else
      08-31-2011, 11:24 PM   #10
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
+1 Thanks for clearing that up....

Godspeed and CX Racing are NOT the same...Godspeed is the same as X02 (same intercooler but different names)

Like everyone says...the intercooler will work better than your stock one but no guarantees that it will be close to as efficient as some of the other options out here..

I think the Godspeed can hold boost up to 15-16 psi with no problems...Dont quote me on it but its something like that...if you want some more info (really good logs and info) find the thread by M3EATER he has done some pretty significant testing on the Godspeed FMIC for the community..at least more than anyone else
UHM WRONG ! Godspeed is buying cores from CX racing I spoke to technical support in CX racing and one of the dudes told me that , the AA- Bigtom v mount rx7 style core is CX racing
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:26 PM   #11
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Killer group buy ? I built that same fmic for 300 with all piping and brackets welded. It's a rip off
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #12
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Killer group buy ? I built that same fmic for 300 with all piping and brackets welded. It's a rip off
Dude.. its plug and play. Every FMIC is a rip off if your simply comparing it to a universal intercooler and then bending, welding, and sourcing parts. For a off the shelf product that simply bolts up into the car without modifcation (minus trimming) it is a good deal.

Who did you talk to that said the cores were sourced from CX Racing? Its seems unlikely that they would have a perfect log style core for Godspeed to use that they wouldn't utilize themselves. I think its BS.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 09-01-2011 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 03:35 AM   #13
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by medvec04 View Post
no i dont sorry the last car i had was a integra and it wasnt boosted, then i got a turbo kit and put everything on at the same time. but i think that im just gonna get a godspeed one for my 335 now cause i dont plan on taking my car to the track numerous time, just trying to get more power for my daily driver.
OK
In order to evaluate the intercooler is mandatory to check the IAT
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #14
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude.. its plug and play. Every FMIC is a rip off if your simply comparing it to a universal intercooler and then bending, welding, and sourcing parts. For a off the shelf product that simply bolts up into the car without modifcation (minus trimming) it is a good deal.

Who did you talk to that said the cores were sourced from CX Racing? Its seems unlikely that they would have a perfect log style core for Godspeed to use that they wouldn't utilize themselves. I think its BS.
I've called CX racing before their official 135/335 fmic was introduced, at that time they already had the images of the fmic on their website with out a price or any information. When I called I was transferred to technical support where they've gave me more info on the item and that it will be released by the end of august. I've asked them about the universal v mount FMIC they told me just go through ebay, Godspeed buys our cores and just names it godspeed and they sell them cheap on ebay. Which I did went ahead and bought.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
I've called CX racing before their official 135/335 fmic was introduced, at that time they already had the images of the fmic on their website with out a price or any information. When I called I was transferred to technical support where they've gave me more info on the item and that it will be released by the end of august. I've asked them about the universal v mount FMIC they told me just go through ebay, Godspeed buys our cores and just names it godspeed and they sell them cheap on ebay. Which I did went ahead and bought.
Damn thats a trip if its true...! Can anyone else confirm..?
      09-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
Damn thats a trip if its true...! Can anyone else confirm..?
Well it does comes with brackets with their kit and piping, but I would never overpay so much for the same result.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #17
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well it does comes with brackets with their kit and piping, but I would never overpay so much for the same result.
Everytime I hear someone defending a lower end product its always ends with flaming others because of overpaying.

Same results are not the same results without quantifiable evidence. I'm sure running a JB4 on Map 1 with a DCI and a Godspeed IC is better than a stock.. but after multiple pulls, FBO, and higher boost levels I'm willing to wager to falls short of the "same results".

Besides the fitment issues, which I'm unaware of whether they have been addressed, I believe there were people who saw massive pressure drops over 15 psi or so.

I still find it hard to believe that CX-Racing would manufacture a perfectly sized log style core for our cars, sell it to Godspeed, and choose not to develop a use for it themselves... instead developing a massive, vertically arranged core, that requires excessive trimming. It just logically makes absolutely no sense unless there is some huge factor that isn't in my consideration.

I'm going to do a quick search.. I know I've read some reviews on the Godspeed that were less than flattering.

Don't get me wrong.. if the thing works as well as the segment leaders I will be the first to admit that I was mistaken, but until I see any evidence, whatsoever, my stance is known.

Last edited by ///M3THOD; 09-01-2011 at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Here's one 17 page thread discussing it... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ay+intercooler

Just look at those bends and fitment from Godspeeds own auction page.. the thing hangs below the car and the path of air entering through the bottom valence opening.. ideal?? I think not.

Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #19
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Everytime I hear someone defending a lower end product its always ends with flaming others because of overpaying.

Same results are not the same results without quantifiable evidence. I'm sure running a JB4 on Map 1 with a DCI and a Godspeed IC is better than a stock.. but after multiple pulls, FBO, and higher boost levels I'm willing to wager to falls short of the "same results".

Besides the fitment issues, which I unaware of whether they have been addressed, I believe there were people who saw massive pressure drops over 15 psi or so.

I still find it hard to believe that CX-Racing would manufacture a perfectly sized log style core for our cars, sell it to Godspeed, and choose not to develop use it for themselves... instead developing a massive vertically arranged core that requires excessive trimming. It just logically makes absolutely no sense unless there is some huge factor that isn't in my consideration.

I'm going to do a quick search.. I know I've read some reviews on the Godspeed that were less than flattering.

Don't get me wrong.. if the thing works as well as the segment leaders I will be the first to admit that I was mistaken, but until I see any evidence, whatsoever, my stance is known.
///M3THOD hit it right on the dot...and check those other threads to confirm..

I remember it having massive issues with pressure drop above 15psi as well..The CX Racing has been proven to not have such pressure drop issues so there is no way it can be the exact same product...Now about the cores I honestly have no clue what flavors(sizes) Godspeed offers their IC in but it certainly looks NOTHING like the CX Racing one size wise..(at least from those pics)..

And lots of people who have tried it said they had fitment issues as well...which is not the case with CX Racing..Many have had the Godspeed and eventually ended up opting to a new/used name brand FMIC
      09-01-2011, 03:28 PM   #20
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

that godspeed is nothing like the cx. my cx is gnarly big you can see the top through my grills
      09-01-2011, 03:29 PM   #21
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576969

this is my car
      09-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
rooringhusky
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Car and intercooler looks nice!

You tripped me out at first when you said you can see the intercooler through the grills...I was going crazy thinking that would make the front end look shitty

But then I remembered about the black shroud so thatll cover everything up