E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Real Noob Super Noob Actually 335i Jb4 Pleaseee Help Some Experts

07-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
rockymarciano818
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Real Noob Super Noob Actually 335i Jb4 Pleaseee Help Some Experts

i am 19 i dont know tooo much about tuning and stuff. i recently got a 09 335 coupe. i was looking to put jb4 on it. i have alot of stuff iam confused about ...ignore the noob questions and please serious and expert responses would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

1.) i was told by a freind of mine ..that installing jb4 can mess up your motor? true / false ?

2.) you can put jb4 w map 1...( not quite sure how all that works ) but basically ...what can i do to NOT to dmg my motor ?

3.) does jb4 have a sleep on/off mode....where i am able to use it only when i want it. rest of the time it would run bone stock...?

4.) do i need any other mods THAT ARE A MUST required w jb4 ? ( i am really concerned about dmging my motor ) so can i just run jb4 and dual cone intake and thats it ??

5.) will it void my warranty w the dealer if installed jb4 and or intake ?

6.) cobb/ procede/ vishnu / jb3 ..? better than jb4 ?

please help really confused. looking to get as much help as i can . thank you so much .
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymarciano818 View Post
i am 19 i dont know tooo much about tuning and stuff. i recently got a 09 335 coupe. i was looking to put jb4 on it. i have alot of stuff iam confused about ...ignore the noob questions and please serious and expert responses would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

1.) i was told by a freind of mine ..that installing jb4 can mess up your motor? true / false ?

Anything can hurt your motor

2.) you can put jb4 w map 1...( not quite sure how all that works ) but basically ...what can i do to NOT to dmg my motor ?

Again shit happens, but keep up the maintenance

3.) does jb4 have a sleep on/off mode....where i am able to use it only when i want it. rest of the time it would run bone stock...?

Yes, map 0

4.) do i need any other mods THAT ARE A MUST required w jb4 ? ( i am really concerned about dmging my motor ) so can i just run jb4 and dual cone intake and thats it ??

You dont really need the dci, just the tune.

yes, if you get caught

You're going to get flamed to shit because of this question and your age...SEARCH...Look up to your right...yeah that button...click it.

please help really confused. looking to get as much help as i can . thank you so much .
Answered within quote
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
rockymarciano818
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Answered within quote
Should i just leave it stock for now...??
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
tamster00
Uhh, Hi =)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' E90 335i, 12' Fit Sport

All tunes work fine. It's a matter of preference. Like what MrRetep said, do the search. It's either piggyback or flash tune.

Now - 11' E90 335i Performance Edition|Space Gray Metallic|Sport|Premium|Navigation|Steptronic|JB4|E R Charge Pipe|HP Autowerks Foam Filter
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
tanginaglaz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

I'm surprised you haven't gotten flamed yet for asking a noob questions. Use the button: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=374508
      07-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
jeongsikkim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymarciano818 View Post

I would go cobb tuning (access port). Much easier to put on/take off than the jb's

http://www.cobbtuning.com/

good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #7
HTran
Pi Epsilon Pi
Rep
Drives: 335

Just get an m3 if you want something fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
douwe22
dual Afe intake/ cobb/ forge dv's/ 94 oct.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335xi, 2008 x5 4.8i

go cobb
Appreciate 0