E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Cheapest M3 pp bumper ever + greyhound shipping

04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
diplomat128
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Cheapest M3 pp bumper ever + greyhound shipping

Hello everyone,

While on eBay USA I came across a listing for an M3 bumper, this one is made out of PP (not duraflex or fiberglass) and instead of coming with fog lights, it seems like it comes with ducts (or nothing at all) which is exactly what I am looking for. However the shipper only uses Greyhound Parcel Express, which, from my understanding, means he puts the bumper in a Greyhound bus and the bus leaves the bumper at the terminus.

I know we have a Greyhound terminus in Montreal and I am wondering whether or not it will make it across the border to Canada. The guy also lists 60$ USPS shipping which is a very good price IMO for domestic shipping, which means I could get it shipped to Freeport Forwarding and pick it up right across the border. However it is very difficult to reach the seller by mail.

What would you guys do? Do you think the bumper will make it across the border to my local Greyhound station?

Thank you

Last edited by diplomat128; 04-05-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
demontwinz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

contact NICK, Havok he has stock
      04-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
liang
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

That bumper also doesn't come with the center lower mesh.

I doubt it will make it across the border.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat128 View Post
Hello everyone,

While on eBay USA I came across a listing for an M3 bumper, this one is made out of PP (not duraflex or fiberglass) and instead of coming with fog lights, it seems like it comes with ducts (or nothing at all) which is exactly what I am looking for. However the shipper only uses Greyhound Parcel Express, which, from my understanding, means he puts the bumper in a Greyhound bus and the bus leaves the bumper at the terminus.

I know we have a Greyhound terminus in Montreal and I am wondering whether or not it will make it across the border to Canada. The guy also lists 60$ USPS shipping which is a very good price IMO for domestic shipping, which means I could get it shipped to Freeport Forwarding and pick it up right across the border. However the seller is a dickbag and doesn't you contact him at all.

What would you guys do? Do you think the bumper will make it across the border to my local Greyhound station?

Thank you
Careful, I had an issue with my supplier from the USA, because he offered me M3 style bumpers with the air ducts, which ended up being the M3 bumper just without the fog lights. Meaning there is just the hole, not the air ducts. I complained and got them to ship me the fogs and grills so I could actually sell them.

Also if it does not come with the center large grill, then you are going to be spending money trying to get these parts.

On a side note, I hear shipping greyhound is the cheapest, and people from the west coast want me to ship via greyhound.

But I believe boarder patrol will hit you with fees when crossing.

You would have to calculate the cost of buying air ducts, the center grill, and the hit on boarder taxes versus the price they are offering you before you make a decision.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #5
diplomat128
Private
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Actually it does come with the center grille. And for those wondering, I got a reply from the seller and he does offer 60$ shipping via Fed Ex. I plan on purchasing the M3 ducts so that'll probably be another 130$ or so from ECStuning...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-10-BMW-E9...769693&vxp=mtr

BTW: Havoc thanks for your input. Can you please PM me the price of an M3 rep bumper with no fog lights please? Shipped to Montreal. Thanks!
      04-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
Havok_2011
Canada
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Actually it does come with the center grille. And for those wondering, I got a reply from the seller and he does offer 60$ shipping via Fed Ex. I plan on purchasing the M3 ducts so that'll probably be another 130$ or so from ECStuning...

BTW: Havoc thanks for your input. Can you please PM me the price of an M3 rep bumper with no fog lights please? Shipped to Montreal. Thanks!

Cool, as long as you looked into it

So that's $300 US + $60 US for shipping plus $130 US for the air ducts? =

Around $500 Canadian plus waiting time, but you get the ducts. Not bad, as long as everything goes smoothly during the delivery.

Just one last thing, now that I can see the auction. Looks like it has PDC holes in the front. Interesting this is exactly what my supplier was selling me for a cheaper price. Might want to ask if you are getting PDC holes or not. StreetXtreme charges $150 to fill, sand, prime the holes if you dont want them, before painting the bumper. I bet other shops will charge even more.

Post up some pics after the install

Last edited by Havok_2011; 04-05-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
Crulexis
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i // E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomat128

FedEx will charge you tons for brokerage fees so careful. You will only see this after it gets to you and they request cod for taxes and fees.
      09-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #8
nemo07
JBC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Anyone know of a good source for the air ducts?
Cobb Protune (PTF), HFS-4 Meth Kit, DCI, PTF Twin Disk Clutch, Raceland DP's, OCC, F1 Racewerks IC, ER Charge Pipe, Forged DV's, CSL Rep Trunk, Aero lip, Mtech Rear, Custom Ground Control Coilovers, 235/35/19 275/30/19, Quaife LSD, Diff Lockdown Kit, DSS Half Shafts, M3 subframe bushing, M3 Rear Sway Bar
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #9
AFTUS
Registered
Rep
Drives: ev

Buy Products from the US with delivery to Montreal

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I know we have a Greyhound terminus in Montreal and I am wondering whether or not it will make it across the border to Canada. The guy also lists 60$ USPS shipping which is a very good price IMO for domestic shipping, which means I could get it shipped to Freeport Forwarding and pick it up right across the border. However it is very difficult to reach the seller by mail.

Thank you
Buy Products from the US with delivery to Montreal

There is a new service that will buy products for you in the US, charges duties and taxes (up front) and then delivers to Montreal.

http://www.anythingfromtheus.com

Try it.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 03:41 PM   #10
e90mbition
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46, E90

You can get it from extreme parts in woodbridge, my friend bought it from there and fitment is perfect. it is the GOODGO bumper that every sponsor on this forum sells. It is 400$ for just the bumper and 500$ for bumper with fogs. No modifications required and fits perfect.

They are all made in taiwan
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:20 PM   #11
marik_335
Private
Rep
Drives: e92

Where do I order a m tech made in taiwan for best price ,considering I'm in Canada, west coast
Appreciate 0