E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Does cash have clout?

04-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #23
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
I bought mine from a well-presented used car dealer - not a BMW dealer. No problems and a very professional service.

Lodge Motor Company. Great guys.
      04-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #24
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbb View Post
Yeah, call me cynical but I thought just in case! I am really torn at the moment between going with a stealer and going privately as the private deals are cheaper. Knowing what you know Dr Dave, would you only buy from a dealer?
I have bought privately many times as you do get the best deal, however the cars I have always bought have been within Manu warranty and I always had a full RAC inspection before handing over the moolah !
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:03 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbbb View Post
Yeah, call me cynical but I thought just in case! I am really torn at the moment between going with a stealer and going privately as the private deals are cheaper. Knowing what you know Dr Dave, would you only buy from a dealer?
I think it depends on price and just who you buy from, I sold my RS4 B7 to a guy in Holland who was moving back to the UK (RH drive car), he came test drove it and checked FSH, then bought it, kept in touch and too date the car has done 40K miles trouble free.
I looked after it and it showed.
I have found through trial and error some dealerships LESS inclined to want to be helpful in after sales, these dealers I dump.
Listers in Kings Lynn are great and the after sales guys FAB, if you get a price for a deal at a main dealers in the UK, just try them they will better your deal in most cases. I have trawled the internet for my best price looking for the last three new BMW's and Listers have bettered every deal.
Just lucky NO I have had to learn by mistakes.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #26
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Have to say that looking recently at AUCs - 335i and say those on PH, and there is little difference.
In fact well specced cars are frequently on offer priavtely for more than an equivalent AUC in the dealers.
Same goes for the 135i that I was initially looking for.

Nobody has mentioned the PX scenario either..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #27
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Oi John!! You've still not popped in to show off the new toy!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #28
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

I think when buying a car that is only 2 years old it makes no difference to buying private vs dealer, just make sure you check the history properly.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 04:00 AM   #29
R80TER
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e90 320D ED

Garage List
cash used to be king. only a year ago when i bought mine, i paid £500 deposit in cash. came back the next morning with about £15,000 in used 20's. i felt awesome. "slap" on the table. "there you go son, where are the keys?"
      04-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #30
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Oi John!! You've still not popped in to show off the new toy!!!
Guy, I have been so busy mate, spent 7 weeks abroad already this year, I will try and get round Promise, just upgraded the software (ECU), great improvement throughout the rev range well pleased.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #31
gIzzE
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Guy, I have been so busy mate, spent 7 weeks abroad already this year, I will try and get round Promise, just upgraded the software (ECU), great improvement throughout the rev range well pleased.

No problem John, to be fair I have been seriously busy/stressed this year anyway.
Seems like I am having to do real work at the moment, really don't know what the world is coming too!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
I have a mate who has worked at a few bm dealers now in sales. He's told me a good few stories but when the latest x5 came out the dealer had an se on demo with all the goodies. It wasn't for sale but a local scrap dealer came in an asked the price. He was told the cars not for sale yet. He replied everythings for sale, how much is the car? The boss said an inflated price over the region of 60k thinking the boy would walk away. An hour later the boy was back in with the whole lot in cash. Still smile everytime I see the x5 knowin how it was paid for!!!!
Appreciate 0