F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > What is the most luxurious small car you can think of
Extreme Powerhouse

04-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i View Post
Have you ever sat in a Lexus LS? Ride is more smooth and comfy than MB S-class and BMW 7-series. It was also the first car to have full LED headlights. LS was also the first to offer a hybrid in its class. Please explain how Lexus is miles behind and garbage from a technical point of view?

And don't try and bring up how S-Class/ 7 series is more "sporty" because when you are driving an executive luxury car, who the hell wants it to be that sporty when its so heavy.

BMW fanboy post at its finest.
I am not bringing any of your points but tangential I intend to reach them:

Best seats ever (and the most money ever spend on seats and seat technology )belong to Mercedes and BMW. At least thei had a war in this matter several years ago.

Lexus is just a bunch af thieves that steal technology from everyone. Should I mention the first "wanna be Mercedes " models? Funny thing though, BMW and MERCEDES are the first that have the guts to throw new technology in the market. Lexus waits untill is proven or becomes more reliable, eventualy take the idea and improve it. But they are always behind. Also, from technical point of view, they are behind. In many aspects. I don't care about their pixels on the DVD which is made by Toshiba or whatever. I care about vehicle technical stuff. It is a car so I supose to drive it nothing else.

Lexus can have multi, multi link suspension. The handling and the ride in the germans is better. For me the final verdict is important.

I am aware of the real interior of the cars. German engineering is very very different from the japanese in many aspects including technical aproach. You should work on them to understand what I am saying.

Yes, I drove many Lexus and other japanese. For me a Honda makes more sense and gives me more pleasure than their leather Camrys. I owned many cars, english, germans, japanese. I still own a Honda, but The truth is, from the steel they use to the paint the quality differs.

First hybrid in its class? Everyone can do a hybrid. Actualy, Ford Fusion takes the cake in this one too and is not too fussy about it. However, nobody cares about a hybrid. And BMW was fisrt in many things, do you want a list?

And luxury is not about a nice leather or the rose wood. It's about other things as well.
I should drop the conversation after you said that is not about sporty. In this case my friend, ANY company can build a boat that can move a sofa and a mobile desk...

Fan boy's post?
Yes Iam a fan, but I am also very aware of the cars that are out there, and under any circumstances I will not buy a Lexus. For many reasons, including the fact that that car doesnt worth the money. For me. If you believe otherwise, good for you, I do respect your choice.

Bottom line, this is my opinion and you can live with it or not. I will sleep well regardless...

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-03-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
b0bab0i
Major
Rep
Drives: 03 TiAG z4 3.0i w/ hardtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Why can't someone bring up that BMW and MB are more sporty? I see AMG and Alpina models quite frequently and power is synonymous with luxury. There is a reason why Rolls Royce and Beltley use massively powerful motors in their luxury cars. You named two innovations and suddenly Lexus is the king of luxury? I've never owned the same car brand twice out of 10 cars so I'm hardly a fanboy, just calling them as I see them.
Majority of people that own/shop for S-class/7-series/ Lexus LS/ Audi A8 are 45-50+. You think they care if these cars are sporty? The reason they purchase this car is for the reputation/name. If they wanted something sporty, they would be getting a Porsche 911.

I never said Lexus was the king of luxury. Reread my post. I was responding to other guys post about how Lexus is garbage and miles behind technically. I was stating that Lexus holds its own in the luxury game and that's what I'm trying to explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I am not bringing any of your points but tangential I intend to reach them:

Best seats ever (and the most money ever spend on seats and seat technology )belong to Mercedes and BMW. At least thei had a war in this matter several years ago.

Lexus is just a bunch af thieves that steal technology from everyone. Should I mention the first "wanna be Mercedes " models? Funny thing though, BMW and MERCEDES are the first that have the guts to throw new technology in the market. Lexus waits untill is proven or becomes more reliable, eventualy take the idea and improve it. But they are always behind. Also, from technical point of view, they are behind. In many aspects. I don't care about their pixels on the DVD which is made by Toshiba or whatever. I care about vehicle technical stuff. It is a car so I supose to drive it nothing else.

Lexus can have multi, multi link suspension. The handling and the ride in the germans is better. For me the final verdict is important.

I am aware of the real interior of the cars. German engineering is very very different from the japanese in many aspects including technical aproach. You should work on them to understand what I am saying.

Yes, I drove many Lexus and other japanese. For me a Honda makes more sense and gives me more pleasure than their leather Camrys. I owned many cars, english, germans, japanese. I still own a Honda, but The truth is, from the steel they use to the paint the quality differs.

First hybrid in its class? Everyone can do a hybrid. Actualy, Ford Fusion takes the cake in this one too and is not too fussy about it. However, nobody cares about a hybrid. And BMW was fisrt in many things, do you want a list?

And luxury is not about a nice leather or the rose wood. It's about other things as well.
I should drop the conversation after you said that is not about sporty. In this case my friend, ANY company can build a boat that can move a sofa and a mobile desk...

Fan boy's post?
Yes Iam a fan, but I am also very aware of the cars that are out there, and under any circumstances I will not buy a Lexus. For many reasons, including the fact that that car doesnt worth the money. For me. If you believe otherwise, good for you, I do respect your choice.

Bottom line, this is my opinion and you can live with it or not. I will sleep well regardless...
There is a reason why E65/E66 and W220 depreciate so damn fast. You can get one for like $10k. There's so many problems with all that tech the put in the cars.

As stated earlier majority of people that own/shop for S-class/7-series/ Lexus LS/ Audi A8 are 50+. Do you think they care if their car is sporty?The reason they purchase this car is for the reputation/name.

Can you explain how the Lexus IS comes with Leather interior standard while 3 Series & C Class comes with leatherette/MB-tex faux leather standard?

You can deny it all you want but Lexus was the best selling luxury marquee in the US from 2000-2010.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #25
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Do you know what Hyundai offers for the same money? There is your answer.

I don't know the sales numbers, regardless I hear other things than you.
But, How many people from all these buyers have knowledge about cars?
Many buys what Bi brother tells them. Watch the Consumer Report review in X1... Pretty sad... But what do I care?

Old guys buy 7 and S because they can afford it. There are many reasons behind that decision, however, It is about a status symbol. And the 7 it is a very nice car. Or you can get a B7.

Depreciation is not only about problems. It is about the cost of parts and service that charge you a lot for maintenance. Yes, toyota is more reliable ( due to the old proven technology) but man, do you like a woman that is too shy and serves you always the same ritual, or the one that knows to spice up your life?
Appreciate 0