F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > iDrive auto service request
Studio RSR

02-20-2012, 03:39 AM   #1
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
iDrive auto service request

I've always been wondering, did anyone here ever been called by their BMW center because of some service that had to be done and the iDrive showed a message similar to the one below?

I don't think I have ever been called when some service had to be done, usually I ended up calling them instead. I'm kind of wondering if others have similar experiences, that they don't get any calls because service needs to be done.

And yeah, I think I'll call them later this week, 3 weeks should be about time for them to call me lol

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
lol seriously? Over 100 views and nobody who can tell me whether or not they ever have been called to schedule a servicing due to a communication between the car and the dealer?

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
rfx45
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
lol seriously? Over 100 views and nobody who can tell me whether or not they ever have been called to schedule a servicing due to a communication between the car and the dealer?
It’s not far fetch that the 100 people that viewed this thread in less than 2 hours since it’s been created have not experienced or did not want to respond to what you are asking.

If no one responds, just assume it's a no. Did you really want 100 replies of the people that viewed the thread to all say "no"?

Just givving yah a hard time.
      02-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfx45 View Post
It’s not far fetch that the 100 people that viewed this thread in less than 2 hours since it’s been created have not experienced or did not want to respond to what you are asking.

If no one responds, just assume it's a no. Did you really want 100 replies of the people that viewed the thread to all say "no"?

Just givving yah a hard time.
lol it's was not 2 hours but 12 hours (it better be, I posted it before I went to bed last night lol)

And nah, don't need 100 people to say no but a couple of them would've been nice though

I just think it's a bit odd, especially since my CA told me a few weeks ago "oh they always follow up to those requests" when I told him I have yet to see the first follow up in years. I mean, why advertise it if it doesn't work like that? That's a bit why I wanted to hear other people's experiences, both good and negative =) (plus it also gives me some material to work with when I speak to my CA again, of course).

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
JO3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a lot

I get calls/voicemails from my service department all the time.

"Your vehicle has notified us that a routine service is approaching. If you'd like to schedule an appointment, please call....."

I never get that screen though. Always assumed it was just happening in the background.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JO3 View Post
I get calls/voicemails from my service department all the time.

"Your vehicle has notified us that a routine service is approaching. If you'd like to schedule an appointment, please call....."

I never get that screen though. Always assumed it was just happening in the background.
Thanks for the answer

It is bit of a hidden screen (it's accessible but tucked away a bit), you normally don't see the screen unless you go into the settings menu, where you can see the oil level and when, for example, the next safety check has to be done, or when the break pads have to be renewed. My iDrive gave me a message that service needed to be done (break pads need a change) so I figured I'd take a look in that part of the system to see if they were notified (also because of the discussion I had with my CA regarding this). Normally this screen doesn't show anything but "no service required" or something similar like that (I forgot the exact message).

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 12:09 AM   #7
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Yes, the car sends emails and I get a call.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:53 AM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Cool thanks

Appreciate 0