F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My BMW Individual MOONSTONE Metallic F30 3 Series
Studio RSR

12-25-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive AT Touring M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
Price was eye watering and not for the faint hearted

Car OTR price was £54580 ($89250)

Wheels retail for £4150 ($6775)

Kit I think retails for £1500 ($2450)

Fitting and painting of kit £1000 ($1635)

Total as above £61230 ($100125)

Total paid £49330 ($80665)

I think I need a lie down
What are you crying about?
My order is a F31 320D XDrive AT M-style, have less extras than you.

But wait......I have to pay £13000 more than you
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #68
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlian
Quote:
Price was eye watering and not for the faint hearted

Car OTR price was 54580 ($89250)

Wheels retail for 4150 ($6775)

Kit I think retails for 1500 ($2450)

Fitting and painting of kit 1000 ($1635)

Total as above 61230 ($100125)

Total paid 49330 ($80665)

I think I need a lie down

But wait......I have to pay 13000 more than you
Ouch! I knew Scandinavia was expensive, and Norway being particularly unkind for pricing, but even so that's an expensive hit.

Sometimes I think it's best not to look at the price and just look at the car. That makes it easier to bear

Enjoy your car when it arrives. Once it does, keep going to have a look at it or find any excuse to go for a drive in it. Those high numbers will then suddenly become meaningless
      12-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #69
ThrowingBones30
Alex
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #70
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: X3 35d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlian View Post

But wait......I have to pay £13000 more than you
This. My 328iA xDrive F31 cost £15000 more than rjberrys car. The insanity of the price made me to skip individual color and individual leather. Theres only metallic paint and free alcantara M-sport upholstery now.

It's very popular in Finland to get your pre-owned BMW from Germany. Even we have to pay taxes for used cars too.

Still your car is worth it, it's 335d and has every possible option. Oh, I forgot the electric seats, but if you drive only alone that car theres no need to that.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #71
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis View Post
This. My 328iA xDrive F31 cost £15000 more than rjberrys car. The insanity of the price made me to skip individual color and individual leather. Theres only metallic paint and free alcantara M-sport upholstery now.

It's very popular in Finland to get your pre-owned BMW from Germany. Even we have to pay taxes for used cars too.

Still your car is worth it, it's 335d and has every possible option. Oh, I forgot the electric seats, but if you drive only alone that car theres no need to that.

I had been thinking of adding the electric seats but it was the dealer who talked me out of adding them. It is just going to be my car. Although my wife is allowed to drive it, she has already told me she doesn't want to. Too much power for her, and after driving a 7 seater with the kids in, she may well have a point

For me the 3 series is the perfect balance of fun and practicality. A 5 series is too big to have too much fun in, a 1 series too small for the practical side. Therefore, the 335d was the perfect car for me with the extra power thrown in too

I hate to think what my car would cost in the Scandinavian market. Is the 335d on sale there, or would it be too prohibitively expensive?
      12-26-2013, 06:30 AM   #72
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
I hate to think what my car would cost in the Scandinavian market. Is the 335d on sale there, or would it be too prohibitively expensive?
Yes we have 335d xDrive (sedan and touring) also for sale here but heavily opted just like your car it will cost about £83500. Maybe it is still worth it. Is there any considerable contender? Pre-owned 8 years old 911? Nah.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #73
Orjan
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 1994 Alpina B3 3.0

In Norway this car - without the M perf. stuff - will cost 982340 NKr, which is £ 97251
      12-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #74
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #75
Need4Speed_Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 M5, F10 M5, F80 M3

WOW! What an amazing color!! Congrats man!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #76
Ryan9095
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 430i

OMG STUNNING color, gorgeous interior, amazing wheels... Simply incredible congratulations!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #77
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Quote:
I had been thinking of adding the electric seats but it was the dealer who talked me out of adding them. It is just going to be my car. Although my wife is allowed to drive it, she has already told me she doesn't want to. Too much power for her, and after driving a 7 seater with the kids in, she may well have a point

For me the 3 series is the perfect balance of fun and practicality. A 5 series is too big to have too much fun in, a 1 series too small for the practical side. Therefore, the 335d was the perfect car for me with the extra power thrown in too

Fully specced with todays currency 107100GBP
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #78
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlian View Post
Fully specced with todays currency 107100GBP
Ouch!! You could get some serious automotive power for that kind of money here. Supercar territory!

Not that my car isn't a super car you understand

12-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #79
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

Superprices! You don`t even wanna know what that kinda cars costs here!

Tesla is probably the most reasonable car when it comes to power in this country! Then I mean price, not because it`s driven by Duracell!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #80
doomsday runner
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Comp & 335d M Sport

Very very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #81
Alan23
Rep
Drives: E90 hopefully F30 one day soon

Car looks great!!

What do you think of the adaptive suspension, rear folding seatings, heated steering wheel - I'm thinking of getting.

Also why did the salesman talk you out of the electric seats - I'm thinking of getting.

How long did you have to wait for the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #82
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

The Performance side skirts and front spoiler are growing up for me. Thanks to your car I had to made my order soon.

I´m going to paint the front spoiler in a different way, the lowest lip only. Performance exterior carbon mirror caps and carbon interior trim I luckily got installed already.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #83
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The Performance side skirts and front spoiler are growing up for me. Thanks to your car I had to made my order soon.

I´m going to paint the front spoiler in a different way, the lowest lip only. Performance exterior carbon mirror caps and carbon interior trim I luckily got installed already.
It took me several weeks to decide how I wanted the kit painted, I would go so far as to say there is no bad way of doing it, it's just what you like best

I had been set on the lower part only, then went to just the very front edge of the lower part with the top parts but eventually dropped the idea of painting the bottom part at all after the bodyshop manager told me that area would be more likely to be effected by stone chips which may then start to crack the paint and flake off. I'm not sure how true that is but it was enough to persuade me not to try it.

Your car sounds like it'll look amazing
      12-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #84
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan23 View Post
Car looks great!!

What do you think of the adaptive suspension, rear folding seatings, heated steering wheel - I'm thinking of getting.

Also why did the salesman talk you out of the electric seats - I'm thinking of getting.

How long did you have to wait for the car?
I find the adaptive suspension to be ok. I only had a 30 minute test drive in a car which didn't have it so don't have much to compare against but it rides quite nicely even with the big wheels. Speed bumps etc are no problem, although I found them to be a bit wallowy the first time over the bumps on the housing estate I live on. Maybe it was more cushioned but it seemed to be a bit different to the previous car. Maybe it was just the xdrive working?

I've not tried the rear folding seats, but the handles in the boot to open them seem to be a nice touch.

The steering wheel heating was a particularly welcome addition this morning! Warm enough to be comfortable without being too unbearable. The button to switch it on seems to be in a funny place though which is my only complaint at the moment but that's just something to get used to.

I don't regret any of the options, although I'm a bit miffed that the active cruise means the driver's cubbyhole isn't there due to the collision warning system. Just means I need to find a new home for my sunglasses for 95% of the year

The salesman basically said that as it was just going to be me driving the car, once I have my seat positioned then it wouldn't move so why spend an extra £950 that I would see no real benefit from. Couldn't really argue with that so I left them off.

I ordered on August 12th and collected on December 21st so just over 4 months, or 131 agonising days. The wait was worth it in the end though
      12-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #85
///Marko
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Agreed, theres no wrong way to paint Performance spoiler. Most common style to paint it is completely or just like in your car.

What is your opinion on the new i-drive knob? I was very frustrated when I ordered my car because my dealer says that delaying the order because to have new i-idrive is going to be very expensive. So I went for business navigation.

Believe or not, I was going to Moonstone too at first. It was changed to Glacier silver because I wasn´t brave enough to order that colour without seeing it in person.

I remember when I see F30 Glacier silver M-sport at first time, I was thinking: oh what a boring color, that going to screw up the whole car. Then it growing with me and some months later I have my own GS.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #86
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, theres no wrong way to paint Performance spoiler. Most common style to paint it is completely or just like in your car.

What is your opinion on the new i-drive knob? I was very frustrated when I ordered my car because my dealer says that delaying the order because to have new i-idrive is going to be very expensive. So I went for business navigation.

Believe or not, I was going to Moonstone too at first. It was changed to Glacier silver because I wasn´t brave enough to order that colour without seeing it in person.

I remember when I see F30 Glacier silver M-sport at first time, I was thinking: oh what a boring color, that going to screw up the whole car. Then it growing with me and some months later I have my own GS.
The new controller is obviously a lot larger but that's about it. I tried writing on it but I didn't like it. Maybe it just needs practise to get used to it. Apart from that it's pretty much the same as the smaller controller so you've probably not missed out on much.

I know what you mean about ordering blind, although I've done so on both the F30s I've had and it has worked out ok I was having some serious doubts after going for Moonstone and wasn't sure it would work on the F30. All those doubts went as soon as I saw the car and it does look amazing. I would have gone for Glacier Silver but my wife has a silver car and having two in the household would just be wrong

I don't think you can make a wrong choice with colours. The car seems to carry whatever shade you throw at it and look good
      12-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #87
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep

......I`m anly worried about regreting ordering AW and not MG

Moonstone here is an other 2190GBP in addition.......
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 03:30 PM   #88
Theride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006

I think this is the color they use to promote the 6 series gc. very nice color.
Appreciate 0