2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Firmware Versions - BMW F10 520D M-Sport 8-Speed Paddle Shift Auto Transmission

03-14-2014, 03:18 AM   #1
Drjferris
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW F10 520d M Sport

Firmware Versions - BMW F10 520D M-Sport 8-Speed Paddle Shift Auto Transmission

Hi folks,

I'm hoping that you could give me some guidance please. I've had two software / firmware upgrades on my 2011 BMW 520D M-Sport 8 Speed Paddle Shift Auto.

The first was in response to non linear acceleration while taking off from e.g. a T-junction. When you would press the accelerator gently, nothing would happen and you would end up pressing it more and more until this surge of power would come and almost spin the car. The software / firmware upgrade fixed this problem and the car performed spectacularly well, especially in in Sport mode.

The second upgrade was about a month ago in response to me reporting a poor reaction time with the automatic dim function of my headlights. It looks like they installed a completely new software / firmware version to cure this one problem. The Automatic dim response time is now fine but my car drives completely differently. Even in Sport mode, it feels like its in the wrong gear e.g. 4th when it should be in 3rd.

Each time I've had a software / firmware upgrade, the car had to be kept in over night. Should it really take this long?

1. Does anyone know how I find out which software / firmware version is currently installed?

2. Does anyone have a software / firmware version history with a list of improvements brought with each version?

3. Are these updates specific for e.g. 520D vs 530D vs 530i?

4. Is it possible to re-install the previous version of firmware I had and a separate fix for the automatic dimming of the lights?

5. Am I likely to be charged if I ask to have the older version of software re-installed?

Thanks very much folks.
Appreciate 0