F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Negotiating Strategy
GetBMWParts

03-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
markg8tr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Negotiating Strategy

All,

So much great stuff on here. In looking at the various lease/purchase threads, I had a couple of questions that I hope the forum can help with.

1. It looks like the recommended approach is to negotiate purchase price with CA using invoice info as starting point and see how close you can get there. Then tell them you want the rebates and credits. Is there a source other than Edmunds that people recommend for invoice info?

2. What is the best source for current incentives / credits / discounts. Edmunds shows $1250 incentive cash but nothing else. BMW Financial page shows USAA and college grad programs. Is there anything else right now? I have seen some posts about a current 2K options credit on the BMW financial page, but I cannot find it. Can someone tell this DA where that is so I can have the info in hand when I go to dealer?

3. How may security deposits does it typically take to lower the MF?

4. What are people currently getting for MF?

5.What does PPK add to performance? Is it available right now? Can it be added to a car in dealer stock? What should it cost?

Looking at M235, 335i and 435i all optioned with MSport, Premium, Tech and HK Sound. Any suggestions or opinions welcomed. Is DHP worth it?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT

Take over the lease of my 435, has most of the options you are looking for and you are somewhat local. Plus the price is pretty good lol
2010 BMW 335i coupe( Sold)
2009 BMW 335i coupe ( Sold)
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
markg8tr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

thanks, Matt. Not looking to take over, but I'll take any suggestions you have that got your good deal.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg8tr View Post
All,

So much great stuff on here. In looking at the various lease/purchase threads, I had a couple of questions that I hope the forum can help with.

1. It looks like the recommended approach is to negotiate purchase price with CA using invoice info as starting point and see how close you can get there. Then tell them you want the rebates and credits. Is there a source other than Edmunds that people recommend for invoice info?
For a quick and dirty way, discount the MSRP by about 7%, that gets you to invoice. Offer the CA invoice and see what they come back with. I personally paid invoice + $200. I also made mention when I made my offer for invoice that this was BEFORE incentives.

Quote:
2. What is the best source for current incentives / credits / discounts. Edmunds shows $1250 incentive cash but nothing else. BMW Financial page shows USAA and college grad programs. Is there anything else right now? I have seen some posts about a current 2K options credit on the BMW financial page, but I cannot find it. Can someone tell this DA where that is so I can have the info in hand when I go to dealer?
As far as I know, that's all there is right now. I know I got the $1250 incentive cash back when I placed my order in January.

Quote:
3. How may security deposits does it typically take to lower the MF?
Minimum of 2, maximum of 7. Each security deposit past 1 lowers your MF by .00007 so that's the minimum amount, max is .00049.

Quote:
4. What are people currently getting for MF?
Don't know what it is now, but mine was .000130 back in January. Dealers can mark this up so make sure you know what the minimum is and negotiate that down (they tried to charge me something like .000179). Once BMWNA approves you, you're entitled to the lowest MF available, unlike financing which places you in tiers based upon credit score. Not sure why leasing doesn't do that but whatever.

Quote:
5.What does PPK add to performance? Is it available right now? Can it be added to a car in dealer stock? What should it cost?
It adds +35 HP for 2014 models. Yes it is available and yes it can be added to a car in dealer stock. I believe the price is approx $1600 + installation. This price too is negotiable and can be had for invoice (about $1400). Try to have them throw in installation for free since it's a pretty simple installation.

Quote:
Looking at M235, 335i and 435i all optioned with MSport, Premium, Tech and HK Sound. Any suggestions or opinions welcomed. Is DHP worth it?

Thanks.
If you're going with AWD, then yeah it's worth it. If it's RWD only, then you get a pretty stiff suspension out of the box. If you'll be encountering rough roads then it's worth getting. My $.02. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #5
Matts435coupe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i Coupe Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg8tr View Post
thanks, Matt. Not looking to take over, but I'll take any suggestions you have that got your good deal.
Contact David at Steve Thomas BMW.
2010 BMW 335i coupe( Sold)
2009 BMW 335i coupe ( Sold)
Appreciate 0