E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Video of my 80W CREE LED angel eye bulbs

09-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #23
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

I agree with Josh and Russ on this, i still have my stock bulbs in at the moment and like the look! The design of these cree bulbs really needs to change in order to achieve better results, its common knowledge that increasing the wattage doesn't guarantee a fuller outter ring. There will be a tipping point where you lose definition which we might be at already!

By going down the custom route you get something bespoke and unique to your. If anyone has a white e92 i think they should get some red eyes, love this car!

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #24
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
The police would ass-rape you in this country for having anything red/blue/green though.
      09-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #25
richk84
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: e93 330i

hmmmm never thought of that haha! wonder if they would pull you if you swapped the stock orange bulbs for red ones
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #26
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Yes they would.

Way back in the dawn of retro-fit angel eye solutions, i developed a kit with a company to fit into the e36. (yes, waaaaaay before CCFL and LED kits!) that we sold through our forum.

Obviously, not wanting to produce something that was going to get people into grief and therefore not sell, I looked into the ins and outs of the automobile lighting laws.

You're not allowed any of the following on the front of the car:

Red (could be mistaken for rear lights)
Green
'Vivid' Blue - legislation is quite specific about "vivid", so feint/xenon style blue tinge won't raise too may eyebrows.

In a nutshell, anything that makes your car front end look like (or could be construed as by a police officer) an arse end or any kind of emergency vehicle is illegal.

It's a bit vague, and from what I gathered having spoken to my local police, it's kind of at their discretion.